Review by ArmorKing

"Madden Again Dominates"

Madden NFL 2001 carries the legacy of the Madden Games, being the oldest, most respected football title. However, just like every other Madden game, it needs work.
I can't believe the way it is rating teams. The Steelers are ranked 66, along with the Chargers and Browns. This is done, however, because Madden was the coach of the Raiders. The Raiders have a rivalry with the Steelers and lost a playoff game to them because of the immaculate reception. Madden needs to put rivalries aside and rate teams better.
The Franchise Mode is tops. Bam. The Dreamcast's NFL 2K1 does not match it. The ratings are a bit off, and i don't see why Randall Cunningham is rated so good. Then, Trent Green and Brian Griese are rated terrible. Still, you can't really beat this mode, or at least not this year.
The create a player is only available in franchise mode. You can't create teams. There are barely any photos, except for Madden and the coaches. These are the major cons of this game.
Well, the graphics are impressive. I admit that without them, we wouldn't see another copy of this game being sold. Buy it if you like football. If you don't think it's good enough, next year it may be.

************************************************************
Overall: 8
Total Points: 51 out of 60
Ratiing: A-
************************************************************
Well, this game was a lot better than the last. The Other Options was terrible, except for the Madden Cards. When you get ''Tokens'' you can buy these cards for cheats, stadiums, and teams. I know that hey saved this game. Next year, I hope that they add on a few options. The Madden series has no rivalry in the N64, but in the PSX they do, and they are competing with NFL2K1.
The last word on this is that you should buy this game, or wait for next year. Maybe you should rent it first, but I'd get it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/30/00, Updated 12/30/00