Review by wolverinefan

"A nice follow up"

Story The millennium star falls in front of Peach's castle and everyone runs over to it. They all try to claim it for themselves but the star tells them they must win him. They decide to play Mario Party to see who will get the millennium star. It feels like they just stuck the story on the game just to have a story. I give story a 6/10

Control
Control is easy to learn and before each mini game you can see what each button does. The control during the racing games takes a while to get use. I give control a 8/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
The voice acting is horrible. Not one character has a good voice actor and I wish you could turn the horrible voices off. Sound effects are average, you hear sounds like water, stuff rolling and cannons firing. The music is really annoying on some stages and the music is always some type of cartoon sounding music. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 4/10

Game Play
Go around collecting stars and coins. The boards are all big with different paths but most are confusing and the computer always knows the best way to go. The computer cheats in every game so it all comes down to luck to win a stage. The mini games are boring except for a couple. Unlocking new mini games in the play room or whatever it's called in this game is annoying cause if you don't get first place on the board then the new mini games you played aren't unlocked. Shy Guys place is really bad cause every game is based on luck. There is a duel mode which is cool, it has you teaming up with a character and if you and another person land on the same space you go into a battle that is a lot like Paper Mario's battles. I wish there was some returning mini games from the other Mario Parties and that the boards were designed better. I give game play a 7/10

Replay Value
If you don't have any friends the stay away from this game, the one player mode is boring. The game is fun with friends but it gets old kinda fast. There is plenty of mini games to unlock but it gets boring trying to unlock them after a while. I give replay value a 6/10

Final Score
I give Mario Party 3 a 7/10

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Mario Party 3 (US, 05/06/01)