Review by sheikan7

"The new millenium brought one of my favorite all around games!"

Mario Party 3 is the best Mario party game in my opinion. I have played all of them there are, well the mainstream ones. 1-8, and still 3 is my favorite! Mario Party 3 has been overlooked and looked down upon, but it should most definately not be! I shall quickly explain why this game rocks as much as it does.

Story 9/10
Who really needs a story for a party game anyways? But, the story is pretty good. Everyone wants to be the best or the "Millenium Star". Then your chosen character will go through all of the Battle maps and Duel maps, and you must win. Easy as that. It has some interesting twists and turns and a few chuckles with Bowser and Baby Bowser(I hate when people call him Bowser Jr., Koopa Kid, etc >.<). Even if you play alone, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Sound/Music 10/10
Very catchy and fun. The music fits all the boards and the sounds of the characters all seem to fit. Sound and Graphics aren't a big deal to me, so it would never be a make/break deal. Anyways, if you don't like them, put on your favorite tunes!

Graphics 8/10
The graphics are kind of choppy and blocky. Most of the characters are also cross-eyed. Again, I'm writing this in 2008, after being accustomed to superior graphics. XD. As previously stated, graphics and sound aren't a make/break deal for me. As long as the gameplay's good it's all good.

Gameplay 10/10 Easily!
This is where I will reveal why I love this game to death so much. There are 3 save files for starters and then there are different modes you can play with the game. There is Story, Party, Minigame, Duel, and Options. =P Story was explained briefly above. Party is pretty much the same as it was in the last two(mainly more like 2). Or if you've played Mario Party 4-6 you'll know what I'm talking about. Be the one with the most stars by the end of the pre-determined amount of turns while playing minigames after every turn. This will have you frustrated, laughing, teasing, and crying all at the same time! The game can turn very easily, so watch out! Mario Party brings something new to the table with each installment(usually) and this one brings out a very cool feature, the Duel mode! This is a 2-player mode where you and another player or CPU can verse each other. You choose a character and they have partners, one for the back and the front. They have hitpoints, attack power, range, attacks, etc. You also have hitpoints too. It's basically trying to take down your opponent with your partners first. It is much more complicated and strategic than I can easily describe though. =\
Minigames 10/10
All of the minigames are very fun and creative. Won't get old very fast.

Replay value 10/10
Of course you will play this over and over again! With it being 2008, and this game was released in 2001 and I still love and play this game, I would say this game sure is very fun. Like all party games, it reaches it's full potential in parties, even if its just two people having a sleepover.

Closing words
Hopefully this game comes out on the VC, along with the other two MP's. They deserve to be enjoyed by everyone. This game has the right touch of everything and will keep you coming back for more. If you have an N64, than this game can be bought from friends, family, garage sales, pawn shops, the Internet, and other places. =x Since it's probably pretty cheap(from what I see on this one website) it's worth it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/05/08

Game Release: Mario Party 3 (US, 05/06/01)