Review by wellington

"The best Mario party on the N64"

Introduction
After waiting ages for them to be released on the virtual console I decided to shell out on N64 and try out the Mario parties one two and three games that I never played before and this is the third game of the Mario party series for the n64 this is what I thought about number three.

Controls 10/10
The controls are fairly straightforward and vary from mini game to mini game and also unlike number 1 most mini games don't involve rotating the stick really quick which in time can mess up your controller eventually.

Sound & Music 9/10
The music goes well with the many boards this has to offer varying from and ice map to woodland.

Graphics 8/10
Considering it's a N64 game the graphics are great as there is a lot of detail has gone it to the many boards this game has to offer.

Game play 10/10
With the variety in maps and there's duel maps where you can get various characters with partners and varying from a Goomba to Chain Chomp where you can battle a friend or a computer character.

You can also pay the traditional game where you play on the battle boards where you have to collect stars and the person with the most stars wins like the previous and future Mario party games.

What I Iike the most from this game is they have item shops where there is good and bad versions of items for example the genie lamp on the good one which is Toad's shop it take you straight to the star whilst in mini bowers shop which is the bad one and it moves the star away from the place it was.

Replayabilty 10/10
With the amount of the unlockables and mini games plus the amount of boards that are available you will want to keep coming back especially with a friend.

To buy or not to buy
I would buy if I was you as this is a classic not to be missed and especially if you like the previous Mario party games because you will regret it if you don't.

Final Score 10/10
My final score is 10 out of 10 because it's a great game with the original version of Duel map with partner characters that haven't been on the future Mario parties and this is my personal favourite out of the 3 n64 Mario parties.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/09

Game Release: Mario Party 3 (EU, 11/16/01)