Review by SSJinMatt

"Three times a charm!"

Mario Party is back, and still rockin'! This time around, a millennium star has been born, and all the characters in the past Mario Party games, and some new faces, are having a battle royal to see who will own it and become the true Superstar! Mario Party 3 has the same feel and craziness as the first two, now with 70+ all NEW mini-games! That means no more Slot Car Derby!! Thank goodness! However, if you are looking for something drastically different from the previous games, you won't find it. Be that as it may, it's still more fun than the first two. With 6 new Battle Royal boards, the all new Dual Map mode, where you play with another human or computer player on a smaller board map, and do battle with a host of characters from the Mario universe in RPG style fights, and the Story Mode, that has you go thru on a one player adventure thru the game, collecting Star Stamps and beating other players on the Dual Maps, makes this game more than just an all nighter!
Difficulty: 8/10
With the option to have the computer on Easy, Normal or Hard, and to set each computer individually provides enough variety and difficulty for even long time gamers to enjoy.
Hmmm, the new sound clips for the characters get annoying fast, but besides that, the sound effects and music are pretty good for N64 standards. The music is peppy and cheerful, what you would expect from Mario and the gang.
Nothing much new here, but the board maps look more polished. Not as many lighting effects as in Mario Party 2, however.
Control: 10/10
Perfect control. A few of the mini-games require you to do pretty complex commands, but once you are experienced in them you become used to it. Most of the mini-games are simple enough for even younger players to understand.
Replay value: 10/10
This is where MP3 really shines. With so many new mini-games, boards and special events, this game will keep you playing well after the Gamecube has been released! I highly recommend inviting some friends over to play, because that's what really makes Mario Party so much fun and enjoyable.
I give this game a 8/10. The graphics are good, not alot of flare and eye candy, but good and a little better then Mario party 2. The sound effects and music are about like the first two. Difficulty kinda varies, but for the most part there is a substantial challenge. The replay value is very high, especially if you've got a few friends over. I think this one is better then Mario Party 2 because there are more hidden challenges and more things to do if you are just playing alone.
Rent or buy? Well, either way, you will enjoy playing it, if you've played the first two like me, or are new to the series.
I bought this game the day it came out, and have loved every minute of it! I highly suggest going out and buying this game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/11/01, Updated 05/11/01