Review by Divinemaxim

"Expect sleepless nights and lots of cursing"

My first review so I hope it's okay...

In case you've never played the Mario Party series before, you're really missing out on something good. It's one of a kind, (or two of kind because of the rip known as Sonic Shuffle) and I'll explain why.

Gameplay 10/10
Basically, you choose to play as one of the Mario characters and play on a ''game board''. You roll the die to determine how many spaces you move. At the end of each turn, you play mini-games to earn coins. These coins are used to ''buy'' stars. In the midst of all this you can use items which you have bought or won on special spaces on the board. If you pass the Millenium Star and you have 20 coins, you can buy a star. At the end of the game the person with the most stars win. I should explain the mini-games now. Like I said, you play mini-games at the end of each turn. Depending on what spaces you land on you'll play different games. (e.g. 3 people land on blue spaces annd 1 person lands on a red space, you'll play a 1 vs. 3 game).

Sound 8/10
Fun, fruity sounds that fit the game well. Nothing special but not bad.

Music 9/10
Like the sound, music in this game is fun and fruity. However the music fits the game very well. This is no Chrono Trigger but the music is just fine like it's meant to be.

Graphics 9/10
Nothing to write home about but it's not going to bring this game down any. You can easily locate everything on the screen.

Difficulty 6/10
The low point of this game, the AI difficulty levels are not balanced at all *cough* Bowser Toss *hack*. But then again, you probably shouldn't be playing this if you're not playing it with friends. Also, a good number of the games are luck-based. Also, like I said before, expect lots of cursing.

REPLAYABILITY 11/10!
Definitely the strongest part of the game is the replayability factor. The original two kept me hooked for weeks and this one has 70 new mini-games! Expect some late night pizza bills and large power bills at the end of the month. (Just kidding!)

To Buy or to Rent (That is the question!):
Buy! Buy! Buy! (getting the point yet?) Buy! Buy! Buy! (can you guess what I'm going to say next?) Buy! Buy! Buy! Buy and party like it's err...2001!

Gameplay: 10