Review by RetroPoint

"New yet boring..."

The game ''Batman Beyond'' is surely not the best of work that Nintendo usually puts into a game. I am sure Nintendo could have done better. Don't bother preparing to kick enemies and beat a boss, because it will be easy. Also, this movie was based on the Batman Beyond movie Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

It gets boring after awhile. Why, you ask? All you do is kick and punch and once you do that for a bit you feel like turning it off. You get key's and just open doors. The game doesn't last long either. It took me about 45 minutes to finish. So getting to and beating the Joker is incredibly easy. Also there are no spots to save in this game so if you turn it off you are back to beginning.

Music/Sound: 0/10
The music in this game is very old and was probably used for games in the 1980's. I mean it gave me a headache so I just muted the volume on my television However, if you do like beeping music (which is what it sounds like) then you will surely like the sound effects or music in this game.

Plain and simple. Batman Beyond (Terry) has to get through a boring setting and beat enemy's. (Which is so old. I mean couldn't they come up with something new?) All you have to do is get past a bunch of easy enemies and get to Joker (which is the final boss) and defeat him.

The graphics could of had much more effort put into it. The background colours and graphic quality are all dull and boring. The character's colours are pretty much all black and blue as with the graphics of the background. I mean most people like colourful games like Mario for example. Non-colourful games get people depressed, bored, etc. I personally think so myself that they didn't even care about the colours for the game. Instead, they just went on with it without thinking.

Buy or rent
I would not recommend to buy this game. If it it say five dollars to buy then you should buy it. For one, it adds to your collection, and for two, if you are a huge batman fan.

Final Rating: 1/10

Final Comment: I give this game these ratings because I think they could of done better. If there is a Batman Beyond 2 (which there is probably unlikely to be) then I hope they learn their lesson about making a game.

Reviewer's Score: 1/10 | Originally Posted: 11/06/03