Review by Nexxt

"Good, but just not the same..."

Introductiony first Impression of this game was ''YES!, another Bond game, it's gonna be the best ever!'' I was half right, it is another Bond game, but it is not the best ever. It is far from the best, but a good game nevertheless. Well basically everyone has played Goldeneye, so if you are a fan of that, or perfect dark, then you should like this game. It sort of grows on you, one day you might be saying it sucks, the next you will be playing it for hours on end. It is a decent game if you are willing to give it a chance

Storyline-What more can I say, If you've seen the movie, you know the story line of the game, but for those of you that don't know... Basically, a nulear warhead gets stolen and its up to Bond to get it back, simple, right? Wrong! Bond will have to make his trip on skies, total stealth, through a sinking submarine, etc. A day in the life of Bond is not what I would want.

Gameplay-Well personally, I enjoyed the goldeneye gameplay better. One of the reasons is that you have to jump in this game, you didn't have to in Goldeneye. (Have you ever jumped in an FPS before?). But other than the little jumping problem, the gameplay is pretty good. You can even change it to the Goldeneye controls if you really want.

Graphics-Although they are better than Goldeneye's graphics, TWINE graphis are pretty choppy in alot of places. The up-side is that the faces look like real faces, and not glued on. Most people will complain alot about theses graphics, but do graphics REALLy mae or break a game? Didn't think so.

Sound/Music-Well, the game DOES have speech in it so that may boost it's score up, but other than thatm there isn't many songs, and the other sound effects aren't that great. But overall, better than Goldeneye. The only thing I like about the sound is the sound that goes along with the reloading animations.

Rent/Buy-This is the part I hate the worst, it decides the fate of a single TWINE cartridge. Normally, I would say to buy it. But right now, i would say, rent it first, even if you love first person shooters like perfectdark, goldeneye, etc. It is a good game with a multiplayer that you must get used to. So is ay rent, and if you still like it, then go out and buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/08/01, Updated 07/31/03