Review by Marioman

"The Sequel to Rogue Squadron has arrived!"

Another great Star Wars game can be added to the Nintendo 64 game list. For those of you who thought this would be a good game- you were right. Its a fast-paced, fun Star Wars game that, just like its predecessor- has everything a Star Wars fan is looking for, from realistic sound to the story of the game. All the factors in this game help it to become one of the best, if not, THE BEST Star Wars game ever.

Graphics: 9.5/10
Oooh. Purty. The textures on this game are so realistic that you touch the screen and feel them yourself. Well. Not really. Even though you can't actually touch them yourself, it will make you want to. The planets look amazingly textured; the water looks like you could jump in it, when you skim the surface with your craft, it makes waves and splashes. The streets of Naboo look alive, and the buildings appear as if you are in a street scene. Lasers look the same as they should- like lasers. Even when you're flying into a space battle high above the planet, you can see how much detail lucasarts put into the design of the planet. In fact, sometimes I just fly around gazing at the view of the planets, with one having clouds and blue textured oceans. The atmosphere of the planets are beautifully crafted too. You can tell that Lucasarts spent a lot of time into making them look realistic. The only problem is that the framerate slows down a bit when many crafts are appearing on the screen. Other than that, smooth, solid, and textured graphics make this game a sparkling jewel.

Beautiful. The sound in this game is better than I've ever heard. It adjusts to the ''mood'' of planet. If you're involved in a dogfight, then the music speeds up as a tense rush of energy. The sound is perfectly positioned at the right times. Quiet music, rushing music, majestic music- its all here- crammed into the cartridge. Turn up the volume and get ready to rumble!

Wonderful gameplay. The missions are intelligently designed to gradually rise the difficulty, and the wide range of secrets and ships give variety and movement- movement to keep playing. I really can't stretch this any further, except that it has good gameplay.

Replayability: 9/10

As mentioned previously before, Ships and secrets make you wanna keep playing. It will last for months, if you know how to savor a game's flavor.

Conclusion: Great sequel to Rogue Squadron that delivers the next best thing to jumping in your Starfighter. Music sets the tone of the scene, while realtime graphics deliver you to the scene. Gameplay has never been better in a Star Wars game. You'll love this game. Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Rent or Buy? Well, I recommend buying this game from my review, but I checked out some other sites and they didn't give this game a high of a score, so I'd suggest that you might want to rent it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/30/00, Updated 12/30/00