Review by N64_Gamer

"It's time to fly the skies...whilst blowing things up, mind!"

This is a really good game. Ignore what anyone else says, Star Wars: Battle for Naboo is far superior to Rogue Squadron in every way.

Graphics:
Those of you who have played Rogue Squadron will remember that the game's graphics were okay, but had LOTS of fogging. This has been almost completely rectified in Battle for Naboo. Still, you'll VERY rarely notice it, as the graphics takes a back seat to the action.
The city of Theed though looks very impressive, with its Gothic-style architecture and narrow gateways. The explosions look top too. I give the graphics a 9.5

Sound:
WHOA! This is, without a doubt, the best sounding game on N64 and probably most(if not all) other systems as well! Factor 5 have really done themselves proud with their new MusyX system. Factor 5 so wanted the sound to be a part of the experience that they hired an entire orchestra just to do the music for the game! When you are coming to a part of the mission where things get harder, or you start getting attacked, the music wells up, getting faster. This works amazing well, as it ups the tension of the game enormously.
I give the sound an 11 (out of 10.)

Gameplay:
The gameplay is almost exactly like Rouge Squadron's, although there has been a slight change that I found extremely helpful. Who remembers the frustration of trying to turn around and keep an enemy in your sights by holding the Z trigger? Well, in Battle for Naboo, the R button is used for sharp cornering! Great. The control stick movement is very fluid too, making controlling all the different crafts pleasure itself. I give this a 10!

Fun:
And this game is very, very fun. I'm still replaying all the old levels, and trying to get the Gold medal on all the missions is challenging, trust me. If anyone out there does not find this game challenging enough, go to the passwords and type in NASTYMDE. This password will make the game harder, so you can all have a good cry. Ha ha! Lastly, I give this game a 10 for fun!

Should you buy or rent this game? I say that a buy is the right way to go, particularly if you're a Star Wars fan.

Overall, I give this game a 9.5 (I know I wrote a 9, but that's because I'm not allowed to do decimal points in the score.)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/11/01, Updated 04/11/01