Review by Dude Love Fan

"Lots of fun, especially with other people."

Introduction:
Let me begin by saying, I do not own a Neo Geo, never have, and probably never will. However I did have the pleasure of playing this game on Gametap, a great service which has over 500 games for a boatload of consoles, pay one monthly fee and you have access to all of it. That being said, Gametap gives me the opportunity to play games I would otherwise miss out on, this game being one of them. Super Baseball 2020 is a baseball game in the vein of Baseball Simulator 1.000 for the NES/SNES, where the rules are basically the same as real baseball, but with some zany twists thrown in.

When I first played the game I was very impressed with the graphics, the game has large colorful characters, and solid animation. What really impressed me was when I saw the release date, 1991. Back when Genesis was just starting out the 16 bit era, the neo geo gad them slam beat(of course for 200 bucks a games, they better have :).

Audio: 6/10
The in game audio is entirely unmemorable, as even while I write this review I can't remember a single thing from my session with the game. While that isn't a bad thing, it also doesn't warrant a great score.

The gameplay is a lot of fun. The same basic rules of the game apply, 3 strikes your out, 4 balls they walk, hit the batter and we all laugh(and they take their base). What makes the game stand out, however are some really novel twists. First off, most of the stands have a glass ceiling, so now when you hit a foul ball it will roll back into play making it possible for you to catch it and get the out. The same goes for fair balls too, the only place I noticed you can get a home run is right down the middle, and catching your friend's would be home run is always a great experience. Another fun thing the game does is put mines in the outfield as well as hotspots which do things like stop the ball or make you jump higher, both of which are fun to use(the hotspots, not the mines).

Replayability: 6/10
While my experience with the game was fun, I was playing multiplayer which always adds replay value to a game. In terms of single player, I imagine playing the game for an hour or so and then putting it up for a while, and in my book that isn't very good in terms of replay value. It comes down to this, if you have a player 2 you will get more out of the game than just playing by yourself.

The game is fun, no doubt about it, with great graphics, and fun gameplay this game keeps itself off the ignore list. But with forgettable audio, and limited singleplayer replay value, it keeps it from being your next big game.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 07/18/06