Review by Rick L

"It's not bad, but it's not good either."

Ah, yes. This game. The first time I played it was when a friend of mine had it long ago. I felt it was tedious then, and it still is tedious now. Well, let's get on with this.

Graphics: 6.1/10

''I want details!''

The graphics are an eyesore in the overhead map screen. The colors are just too bright to be good. Tone the colors down a bit, and it'll be OK! The thing that gets me the most is how the coats looks like foam. But when you go to the underwater portion, then it's not so bad. All the underwater view needed was some more detail, and it would be alright. The diver sprite is quite small, and so are all the enemies, except for Jaws. If the sprites were an eency bit larger, than they would've been OK. The animation is pretty good as well.

Sound: 6.5/10

''Mommy! My ears are bleeding!''
The overworld theme is very, very annoying. The bonus stage music got to me after a while. You'll be hearing too much of the song when you start a new life. The title screen theme is pretty good, and the underwater theme is perfect. Very suspenseful!

''Watch as I magically re-appear in my re-appeared boat!''

Basically, you ride around in your little boat, hit something, and the boat breaks and you end up killing stingrays, jellyfish, and sharks. But when the boat breaks, how do you get back into it and keep right on sailing? What the hell? The main objective of that is to collect shells, to get a useless reciever, and to power up. The bonus stage gets to be more annoying than fun. When you have to kill Jaws, you have to narrow his life down to nothing. A REALLY tedious task, because he takes so many hits. When you finally get his life down to zero, then you have to ram the boat into him, and that's it. It's very tedious, as it takes so long to get everything ready. And when you die, half your shells disappear, making it even MORE tedious than before.

Replay Value: 0/10

''You can't make me! Nyah nyah!''

Killing Jaws is just too tedious to do again. I don't care who you are. Once you beat this game, you probably won't want to do it again.

An average game. If it wasn't so tedious, and a little more work was put into the game, then it would've done better in my book. I reccomend you at least give it a try.

This is The Rick, tellin' you to go try!

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 04/01/02, Updated 04/01/02