Review by nesLOVER

"Wow, this game is fun...yet such a disappointment."

Okay, this is going to be short and to the point:

Graphics (5/10): Graphics are just below average for an NES game. The main world is VERY sketchy and very tiny. The actual game part is alright. The fish/jellyfish look like hell...and jaws...hell. The sprites they used are really weird and seem kind of 'cheap.' Oh I almost forgot, when you level up...they show your boat coming into the harbor. That is probably the best part of the game besides the last scene. And surprisingly enough, the start screen shows a pretty cool picture (drawing) of Jaws himself. Thats the only part when they play the actual Jaws music.

Sounds (3/10): Some catchy themes, maybe 2. They play them over and over again. Remember the movie? The dun nuh dun nuh dun nuh DUN NUH? Well, lol, thats not in here, only in the start screen. I had one of the songs, i think from the underwater parts, stuck in my head for a couple of days. All the music is, is just beeps that are different pitches. But there cool pitches!!! Eh, who am I kidding. I hated this music just as much as I hated the graphics.

Gameplay (1/10): I hate to say this but, the gameplay is pitiful. My little sister could make a better video game than this. The 'diver' moves like a crappy car and the fish move in a straight line most of the time. Theres also parts of the screen where 'jaws' cant get you. How disappointing...not. The world screen is just you and a boat going back and forth between two harbors. Occasionally it will say 'You've hit something!' or 'You've hit Jaws!' Then it goes to the game. Then you go back to the world. Every time to go the other harbor, you level up and the 'diver' becomes more powerful. Fun.

Fun (7/10): This game is fun. I know that i've been ripping it the past couple of paragraphs but thats only when you think about it. You will have somewhat fun playing this. Its like Pong...how can something so simple, and stupid be so complex, and fun. Its a mystery.

Overall (5/10): I would really give this game a 2...but it was a fun (but VERY VERY short game, i beat it in less than 10 min.) game. Graphics are below average, sounds are pretty pitiful, gameplay is pathetic, and fun, well, thats different. That about wraps it up! Enjoy!!!

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 11/24/02, Updated 11/24/02