Review by Alanthale

"Is fancy FF7 better than the original?"

When I first played this game, I was enthralled by the wonderful storyline, fun, and challenge. I still am, and I've had the game for around 9 years. This is the greatest Final Fantasy in my opinion. Final Fantasy 7 comes in second, and I am sure many will hurt me for saying that.

The story of this game is done quite well. Your four warriors set out on what seems to be an impossible quest. Yet, they complete it.

The game has great challenge. I have never beaten the game, and have had it for a long time. I am a pretty good game player, too.

The games sounf may not be to fancy, but I still remember many of the different themes. The sound may not be spectacular, but it always set the mood for the game.

The game's greatest strength is that you make your party from the beginning, and have them for the whole game. You don't have to find them, and you don't have to deal with characters whom you hate to use. Their really is no character development, but if I want that, I'll read a book.

It's second greatest strength is that the game takes place in a fantasy, middle ages type world. The other Final Fantasies do not. They take place in a more futuristc world. The game is called Final Fantasy after all, so it should take place in a fantasy world.

Overall, I feel that this the greatest game in the series and will probably never be beaten.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99