Review by GameFeakSupreme

"The RPG that started it all!"

Introduction:

Final Fantasy 1 is my favorite final fantasy of all, maybe its just nostalgia, but this game is my favorite. You are probably thinking, ''Why make a review on a game so old, no one plays this game anymore, now everyone is playing games on the PS2, X-Box, and Game cube'' Well that's all fine and dandy, but those games are mainly about graphics, and huge confusing storylines, which is something I don't care about(if I wanted that I would watch a movie or somethin'), I actually like the huge pixelized graphics! ^_^ I care about Gameplay. Anyway, Final Fantasy 1 for the NES is the game that started the Final Fantasy series, without it Final Fantasy might not exist and you wouldnt be playing those fancy final fantasy's on your PS2! It is a great game for its time, and I still think its a great game for today!^_^ So on with this review thingie!^_^

Graphics(9/10)

I give the graphics a 9 out of 10 because I like the way the graphics are and wouldnt have them any other way, most of you would say 2/10 or something, so let me warn you, if you are playing this for graphics, then don't buy it, or play it, since its graphics are pixelized and arent great(they're 8-bit...but that doesnt bother me the slightest).

Music/Sound(9/10)

I love the music in this game, it is excellent in this game! They have good tunes for where you are, the music really fits the mood of the situation, for example, when in a battle they got a sorta jumpy beat that makes you feel like you are in a real battle and you are ready to fight, when on the overworld map it has a nice jumpy toon as well to show that you are exploring, and when in a dungeon like the Marsh Cave it gives you a sorta quick scary beat 'cause you are in a dangerous place, when you are dead it plays a sad song to show failure and sorrow, and the ending song is exquisite, it is like all the songs morphed together or somethin', when in a ship its got a tune that makes you feel like you are really sailing! My favorite song has got to be Matoya's Cave, that song is great, that and the Ending theme are my favorite songs, then again I love the song when in the Airship as well, I have to admit I love ALL the songs. As for the sound effects there really aren't any. Pretty much the main one is in battle when you hit someone it makes a sorta static sound or somethin' not to impressive, but its more music than sound effects.

Game Explanation/Story:

Here I will give a brief explanation of how the game works and what to expect in the game and what its like. ^_^ So its an RPG meaning you walk around and randomly run into battles and then you either fight the monster use magic on them or items on them, heal, or run away. Its pretty basic, afterall its NES. In the game you are the Light Warriors, four classes of your choice outta 6:Fighter, Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage, White Mage, and Black Mage. Each class has their advantages and disadvantages. Then you go around buying weapons, armor and magic spells then use them in battle as you try to relight the four orbs to restore peace and harmony to their world.^_^ Its a basic RPG and it is fun to play. But the story some people say is simple, I think it is all very confusing, since in the end there is this confusing thing about a 2,000 year time-loop and going into the future and then back and it all rather confusing.

Replay Value(10/10):

That is the best part of this game! Its replay value! You can play this game over and over again! Why you ask? Because there are so many different possible combinations you can choose to create your party of four in the beginning. You can make it hard by using four White Mages, or you can make it cinchy by using 2 Fighters and 2 Red Mages. The possibilites are endless!(sorta)^_^

Overall(10/10):

Overall, I have to say 10 out of 10, everything about this game is so perfect, in my opinion, it is one of my top 10 favorite games, its an amazing classic. I am sure you will love this game to death and after you play it you will want to play it over and over again! That is of course if you arent a hardcore graphics or story/plot kinda guy. So if you dont have it, get it! You won't be sorry!^_^

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/20/03, Updated 07/20/03