Question from ForestIlex

When and how I can save?

During what time in this game does it save? Do I have to make it to a castle before any of my progress is saved?

Spike asked for clarification::

The original NES version cannot be saved, as battery backed cartridges were a very new thing back in the late 80's, and didn't become common until the SNES era.

The SNES SMB collection titled "Super Mario All-Stars" allows you to save your games. The GBA version titled "Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3" also allows you to save. The Wii Virtual Console version can be suspended.

thoul answered:

This game does not save.
3 0

Answers

_Lagoona_ answered:

.You have the beat the game in one go, as there are no saves, like Tempest of Shadows already stated.
1 0

BigMiketheMOD answered:

If playing on the actual Nintendo you can not save, if using an emulator on your PC you can go to file/save state as
0 0

brawlfanboy9 answered:

You cannot save.
1 0

_Kaz answered:

The SNES compilation of the Super Mario Bros. NES games allows saving. The NES version does not.
1 0