Review by Dondongo86

"Balloon Fight: an anytime game."

An anytime game, allow me to elaborate. This game is perfect if you have either an hour or five minutes. It is interesting enough to play for long periods of time, but simple enough that (with the Wii's checkpoint) you can put it down, and play it five hours later without feeling lost.

The game has three modes: 1 player, 2 player, and balloon trip. Regular 1 player is a game where you press "A" (or "2") to flap your arms and the aim of the game to stomp on the baddies' balloons and make them fall, then you stomp on them while they are parachuting or when they are on the ground to kill them. Balloon trip mode is a 1 player mode in which the screen moves and you must dodge dangers. The last mode is 2 player- explained below.

Controls 8/10
The controls aren't what you'd expect, you tend to flop around a lot. It is easy to learn the controls, and you will learn to use the odd movement to you're advantage.

Music 7/10
The music isn't bad. It's just really repetitive. This music was featured as the alternate music to the Ice Climber stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Graphics 8/10
The graphics are decent in comparison to other NES games. It is easy to distinguish each enemy/ character from the others.

Story 5/10
NES games never really have stories. Although its never actually stated in game text its obvious what's going on.

Co-op Mode 8/10
This game also features a 2 player mode. In this mode you can you are not committed to a team. You beat up the baddies like in 1 player mode, but you can also beat up your friend.

7/10 Is my final score for this game. I want you to know that I graded this game on both a NES games standards and how much I liked it.

I would recommend this game if you are bored and need a game, or just if you like NES games (for most NES games follow a mold).

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 07/20/07