Review by Game Master X

"Donkey Kong throws just about everything at Mario except for the kitchen sink."

Here are some fun facts about Donkey Kong. First off Mario was originally named Jump man (wow that was a long name that Mario had back then). Also another fun fact, the Arcade game had four levels, this version only has three. And both Mario and Donkey Kong would have there own lineup of games. Right Now Mario is in the current lead over Donkey Kong.

Donkey Kong, I have many happy memories of Donkey Kong (like the first time I saw it when I was a kid long ago.) Anyways we are here to review the game today so here we go. Donkey Kong is one of my all time favorite games of all time. This was one of the first games design by Shigeru Miyamoto who would later produce the Mario Series.

Graphics for Donkey Kong look super great. And that is only because they took this from the arcade game. You have 3 levels of the best design graphics in this game. Even Donkey Kong looks good, and he is just a gorilla. 10/10 for Graphics. My favorite level in this game is the now famous barrel level that many of us gamers have come to know and love (only because it's the easiest level in the entire game. Nintendo did a very good job with Donkey Kong.

Sound/Music for this game is excellent. From the main theme song to the other musical scores in this game. My favorite tune is the main theme song that you get at the beginning of this game. Gamers should be familiar with this tune, and will probably be humming it for awhile. 10 out of 10.

Playability for the game is super. This has got to be one of the best games that we have ever played, and I'm sure that there are other gamers that would agree with that also. 10 out of 10. My favorite part about the game playability is that you get to jump over barrels, platforms, and other fun stuff. Also let's not forget about the hammer, one of the best power ups in the entire game, when Mario pick this up, he will be able to smash barrels, and enemies. Watch out bad guys, because when Mario gets the hammer, it's Mario time.

Overall Donkey Kong could have used one more level, but nevertheless this will do. With one to two player modes and a game a and b, gamers will be coming back for more, and they will enjoy the challenge Donkey Kong brings.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/26/08

Game Release: Donkey Kong (US, 06/30/86)