Review by Sim Kid

"A rather boring game that got too easy at the end."

Yeah, this is the lowest score I'd give a Final Fantasy game. This game did, of course, lead us to the ''class change'' system of Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 5, and it introduced us to new classes and old ones. Some of the new classes introduced in this game kick butt, like the Dragoons and the Ninjas (Unlike in Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis where they stink horribly) and the famed Magic Knights. Some are pretty cool, like the summoner and the Sages, and some are just plain stupid. Like the spoony bards. The Most dangerous class ever. NOT.

They may be 8 bit, but these graphics actually improved okay okay, so it's only the overworld. But still, the grass isn't just one light colour, it's a darker colour and looks very good. Screenshots of this game have made the graphics seem worse than those of Uncharted Waters, but they were low quality. Plus, the Final Boss reminds me too much of the School Daemon.

Storyline: 3/10
It's a Final Fantasy, this isn't at all related to Final Fantasy 2 or Final Fantasy 1, but there are the crystals that could have been the orbs held by the light warriors. There are so much plot twists, it's hard to tell what's going on, which is why this game is so boring.

So, it's an NES game, it only had a few simple commands, start, select, A, B, and the D pad. Do I need to get any further into the gameplay?

Music: 9/10 Probably the first Final Fantasy with a catchy boss theme, but the Final Battle music is basically a differented version of the boss theme. The battle theme is pretty cool too, a better and higher quality remix of the first one. I like the overworld music too.

Difficulty: 4/10
Okay, finding out for yourself how to select the best party is the hardest part. Not are there only like 15 classes to choose from, but the battles are also hard if you don't use the right combination of party members, also, shopping for all of them is very expensive. Plus, the Final Boss is the easiest enemy of all of the video games. He's even easier than FFT's Queklain, or FF6's Kefka, or Chrono Trigger's Lavos, or LttP's Armos knights. Seriously, I beat him in like 10 minutes

Replay value: 7/10
Yeah, you probably want to go back and replay it again, just to experiment alot more with the classes like using Bards in the last battle. Plus, some of the other bosses and battles are pretty hard.

Overall: 7/10.
This game was rather boring and it took alot of time to complete, until the last boss where I killed it in 2 minutes. This is a game you want to check out, it's pretty decent.

Buy or Rent?
Well, you want to try it before you buy it. This way, you can see if you can keep intrest in the storyline or not.

Best part: Kicking Darkcloud's arse with a hunter, a sage, a master white mage, and a Ninja

Worst part: How Boring it is.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 05/29/03, Updated 05/29/03