Review by wolverinefan

"A guilty pleasure"

Quick fact about the Yo Noid game that I never knew it's actually a Japanese game where the main character has only been replaced and a few things added. For those too young to remember, Yo Noid was the jester guy from the Dominos Pizza ads. So, how does a game like this turn out? Is it worth playing or not?

Yo Noid loves pizza so the plot is just about him getting some pizza. Yeah, it isn't very good but I guess it works and promotes pizza and anyway, who doesn't love pizza?

The graphics in the game are actually pretty crisp and clean looking. The Noid looks good as well. I'm actually surprised this game holds up since a few others I've played lately haven't.

Sound in the game is amusing. The sound effects are rather generic but get the job done. The music is perky and oh boy did it bring back memories of playing this game.

The control in the game is alright. A is jump; B is attack and hold B to use magic. Pretty simple. My only problem is how iffy the control is in the final level. I haven't had this many problems in a long time. It was pure torture.

Yo Noid is your typical platformer from the good ole NES days. You run to the right of the screen. Hit enemies with your magic or your yo-yo. Different hazards are in your way and one hit and you are dead. Maybe that's what made the game a bit hard for me because I really hate games with one hit deaths that require you to restart the entire level every time.

After the levels you face off against someone in a pizza eating contest. This is done by you and them having cards and you need to one up their cards. Fairly simple but if you don't know what you're doing it can become a problem.

The game has 14 levels so it is far from super short. The game is also really fun. I enjoyed going back and playing this so that means there is some sort of replay value here.

Not a great game and judging from comments on-line it's either you love it or you hate it. I find it a fun little title to settle down with if you're bored but it does have some minor flaws.

Story - 3/10