Review by Rick L

""Ha ha ha ha!!""

This definitely has to be one of the best games I've played for the NES. Combine street-fighting, driving, and shooting, and you've got an awesome game! Kudos to Konami for a great game!

Graphichs: 9.5/10

Wow!! These are great! Candy for the eyes, my friend! Everything looks incredibly good, especially the background. The only thing that does look bad is Billy, as he seems to look somewhat bland. I think that the ending cutscene with Annabelle and Billy could've used more color as well. Other than that, things look good! The last complaint is the image breakup that happens often in the fighting sequences.

Well, let's all be cool and listen to the digitized speech in this game! Although there's little of it, it's very cool! Not too many games on the NES have this, and it's nice to see...err...hear a change once in a while! The music, while there's little of it, is very good, especially in the fighting sequences.

Gameplay: 8.5/10

Definitely some very good things going on here! First, I'll talk about the bad, so that I can get that out. First, it seems very hard to hit enemies at times. They always seem to flock right to the space you're at, and you can't hit them, which is aggrivating. That's it! Now, for the good! The fighting sequences are very good, with a variety of enemies and weapons/items. The bosses are pretty tough as well, which is a minor bad thing, as again, it is hard to hit enemies sometimes. The shooting sequences are fun! The only complaint is that there's only two in the game. Not cool, man! The driving sequences are fun, but they came in last place as far as I'm concerned. It seemed to draw out just a bit too much. There's a practice mode in this game where you play each of the sequences, and if you beat them, you get stuff to help you on your quest, which is incredibly cool! The sound test option is a plus, and is probably the only NES game I've seen to have it without a code! Very good job here!

Replay Value: 7/10

This depends on the person playing it. I can't really comment on it, but I can say it does have a charm to it that'll keep you coming back once in a while.

An awesome game, hampered by a few annoyances and people bashing it. This is definitely one of the best games for the NES, and is worth a play, at least!

This is The Rick, tellin' you to go play!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/19/02, Updated 01/19/02