Table of Contents
Adventures of Lolo 2 (japanese version) FAQ/Walkthrough by Aisien
This is a guide for japanese version of Adventures of Lolo 2, titled Adventures of Lolo in Japan. Reason for this is because the first game titled Adventures of Lolo was only released in west. Almost everything from graphics and music to enemies are completely identical to its western equivalent. Few rooms appear in the western Adventures of Lolo 2 and some even in western Adventures of Lolo 3. They are either similar or slightly modified. Most of the time, puzzles are completely different and sometimes harder to figure out. Pro-levels for both japanese and western releases are exactly same. Since those levels have already been covered in other guides, I won't include them.
- 1.00 - Date: 05/10/2012 Gameplay-section and walkthrough finished, images for every level added
|Name||What does it do?|
|D-pad||Moves Lolo around the room|
|A||Shoot enemies or use the ladder power|
|Start||Pauses the game|
|Select||Restarts the room (reduces one life)|
Items, terrains and obstacles
|Name||What does it do?|
|Heart Framers||You need to collect all heart framers for the jewel box to open. Some of pre-determined hearts also provide you two shots each, which you can use to kill enemies. You also need a pre-determined number of hearts to unlock certain special powers (only in certain puzzles though). Heart Framers will simply be called hearts in the walkthrough.|
|Jewel Box||Once all hearts have been obtained, you can obtain the jewel from inside the jewel box, which kills all enemies on screen and grants you an access to a next puzzle. Jewel Box will be called as chest in the walkthrough.|
|Emerald Framer||A greenish box that you can push around to block various enemies or enemy projectiles. In certain puzzles, if you push the EF (as called in walkthrough) where an enemy used to be, that enemy might appear somewhere else in the same room.|
|Water||You can push an enemy egg to the water and use it to cross the water to other side. Some waters have currents which can move the egg in the water. If the egg sinks while you are riding on it, you lose a life. You can use the bridge power to create bridges on water.|
|Lava||Looks similar to water, but you can't push eggs to it. You can create bridges on lava, but they melt after several seconds.|
|Bridge||Bridges give you an access to walk over lava and water.|
|Tree||A regular obstacle that you cannot pass through. It blocks your shots but not enemy projectiles.|
|Rock||A regular obstacle that you cannot pass through, unless you break it with the hammer power. It blocks both your and enemy projectiles.|
|Arrows||These work as one-ways. You can step on them from any other direction than the one they're pointing to.|
|Grass||Grassy patches that you can step on. Mobile enemies cannot get to the grass, but their projectiles can still kill you.|
|Desert||An environemnt that halves your movement speed but it doesn't have any effect on enemy speed.|
|Arrow Power||In certain rooms, once you collect a pre-determined number of hearts, you can use an arrow power, which lets you flip one arrow's pointer 90 degrees.|
|Hammer Power||In certain rooms, once you collect a pre-determined number of hearts, you can use a hammer power, which lets you break one rock.|
|Ladder Power||In certain rooms, once you collect a pre-determined number of hearts, you can use a ladder power, which lets you create one bridge to water or lava.|
Do note that some rooms might give you multiple amounts of the same power, but hearts required for each one is usually different.
|Enemy Name||Vulnerable to shots?||Other info|
|Snakey||Yes||A harmless creature, that cannot kill you. You must use them in various ways to complete puzzles.|
|Alma||Yes||Greyish, rather aggressive armadillo-type enemy, which can kill you when touched. Use its horizontalrolls to your advantage.|
|Leeper||Yes||Greenish creature, which cannot kill you. Upon touching it, it falls asleep, making it invulnerable to any shots afterwards.|
|Rocky||Yes||A slow moving enemy with a stone face. If it sees you while you are above or below it, it starts chasing you. It cannot kill you but it can get you stuck to narrow areas.|
|Gol||Yes||Initially harmless dragon-type enemy, which wakes up as soon as you collect all hearts. It shoots fireballs if you happen to cross its sight.|
|Skull||Yes||Initially harmless skeleton head-type enemy, which wakes up as soon as you collect all hearts. It moves around without a pattern and its touch kills you.|
|Medusa||No||A stationary medusa head which kills you instantly if you are on same column or row as she is. Prevent this by having either rock or an EF between you and her.|
|Don Medusa||No||A pinkish mobile medusa head which kills you instantly if are on same column or row as he is. Prevent this by having either rock or an EF between you and him.|
For every room, I try to be as detailed as possible. To help things more, there are screenshots for all rooms with a chess-like grid system so it is easier to figure out what to do next. Since all rooms are sized 11 x 11, rows from top to bottom will be labeled as 1-11 and columns from left to right will be labeled as A-K. For example, fourth column and third row is D3. Some of steps may require you to do some parts quickly, but I will try to warn you beforehand.
- Pick up the heart at C11, shoot the Snakey on H11 once and move it two spaces right.
- Shoot the Snakey on I5 once and move it two spaces left. Pick up H4 and H6 hearts. Move the EF on D5 two spaces left and one space up to C4. Pick up D4 and D6 hearts.
- Move the EF on E6 one space right and pick up the D8 heart. Shoot the snakey on C3 twice and collect the jewel.
You need 2 hearts for the hammer power.
- Move the EF on C11 one space left and the EF on I11 one space right.
- Maneuver the EF on E6 to A9, the EF on F7 to K9 and finally the EF on G6 to K4. Grab the hearts from A8 and K5 to get the hammer power.
- Carefully break the rock on A5, then sprint to the chest. Carefully put all four Leepers to sleep so they won't block your way.
- Collect B2 and B3 hearts and grab the jewel.
- Move EFs like this: the EF on J8 to C8, the EF on D7 to C5, the EF now on C8 to B8 and the EF on H7 to A6.
- Move the EF on K5 two spaces up and the EF on G4 one space up, two spaces right and two spaces up.
- Pick up all five hearts and rab the jewel.
- Move EFs on E4 and G4 one space up and the EF on F4 one space left. Move EFs on E8 and G8 one space down and the EF on F8 one space left. Pick up F2 and F10 hearts.
- Move the EF on H6 one space right and EFs on H5 and H7 one space up and one space down, respectively. Move EFs on J5 and J7 one space right. Move EFs on I6 and J6 both one space down. Pick up I1 and I11 hearts.
- Do the exact same thing as in step 2 except this time it is mirrored. Claim the last heart and grab the jewel.
- Pick up all three hearts to get a total of six shots.
- Shoot every Leeper, one at the time, once and carefully push them to water without touching other Leepers.
- As long as you keep progressing all the time, respawning Leepers should give no harm to you. At the end of path, grab the jewel.
You need 2 hearts for the hammer power.
- Pick up hearts on D8 and K9, shoot H9 Snakey once and move it one space right and one space up. Pick up the heart on E8.
- Shoot the Snakey on E3 and move it two spaces up and collect all nearby 11 hearts. Break the rock on J3 and claim last two hearts on K4 and K5.
- Go to the spot E6 and stand on it. Move a half space up and quickly move back. As soon as the fire of J5 Gol passes you, run to the chest.
- Move the EF on G9 to H7, the EF on F9 to D5, the EF on G4 to G3, the EF on F4 to H2 and the EF on E4 to B5.
- Pick up outer two hearts first to avoid Gol's fire and then last two from near the center. Grab the jewel.
You need 5 hearts for the hammer power. This is also first level to utilize warp holes as well.
- Pick up A5, B5 and D4 hearts. Move the EF on E4 two spaces right, the EF on E5 two spaces up and one space right and the EF on D5 to B11. Collect the A12 heart.
- Go to the spot J9 and move exactly half a space left. Shoot the G9 Leeper twice and wait for it to reappear on K2. Pick up the K1 heart.
- Move to C3 and face up. Break the rock on C2 and quickly move to safe area on B8. Shoot the Leeper once, push it to water on A8. Before Leeper respawns, move the EF on F5 to C1.
- When Leeper appears on K5, pick up the K6 heart. Shoot the K10 Snakey once and move it one space down. Grab the chest.
- Move the EF on J8 to J9, the EF on G8 to F9, the EF on H7 to H5 and the EF on I7 to E6. Claim hearts I5 and I9.
- Move the EF on I3 to E4 and the EF on E2 to C5. Pick up the B4 heart. Move the EF on H2 to D9, getting hearts A7 and D7 in the process.
- Move the EF on G3 to C2 and then back to E2. No skulls should bother you now. Pick up hearts B10 and C10 and grab the jewel.
You need 6 hearts for the bridge power. Grassy patches help a lot from Rockies.
- Collect hearts A3, B3, C3, A9, B9 and C9. Create the bridge on E9. Move the EF on C8 to F9.
- Carefully push the EF now on F9 one space up and get hearts G9 and H9. Return to EF on C4.
- Again, carefully move the EF on C4 to I9. All three Rockies must be above both EFs.
- Keep pushing the EF on F8 to F4. Move the EF on I9 all way up to I1, collecting hearts along the way. Save the G3 heart last.
- After collecting hearts K2 and G3, rush to the chest.
- Collect hearts D7, D8, C11 and E11. Quickly: Shoot the Gol on G10 twice, move the EF on J8 to J7 and the EF on I9 to G10 where Gol was. Collect hearts I11, J11 and K10.
- Move EFs on I7 and K7 up once and the EF on J7 to I7. Move the EF on J6 to E1 and the EF on G10 to K10. Provided that Gol has respawned on A3, pick up hearts F1 and A4.
- Quickly: Go to the spot I11. Start running towards the chest while shooting towards fireballs. You should just barely make it.
You need 2 hearts for the first bridge power.
You need 5 hearts for the second bridge power.
You need 6 hearts for the third bridge power.
- Collect hearts D4, D5, D6 carefully and A1 one too. Move the EF on B4 to D5 and the EF on D8 to D6.
- Avoiding Don Medusa, create the bridge on F6. Move the EF on D6 to H10 and pick up the G3 heart. First bridge should be melted by now.
- Place the second bridge again on F6, then move the EF on D5 to K8. Pick up the K6 heart and create the last bridge on J3. Cross to other side collecting J2 heart along the way.
- Shoot the D3 Snakey once and move it to A10 and pick up the A9. After Snakey hatches, shoot it twice. When it respawns, shoot it again once and move it to C11. Pick the last heart and grab the jewel.
- Move the EFs on A6 and C6 both down once, the EF on B6 left once, EFs on A9 and C9 both down once and the EF on B9 left once. Pick up hearts A8, B8, C8, A11, B11 and C11.
- Move the EF now on C7 carefully to J4. Pick up hearts I2 and K2. Push the EF now on J4 to F7, blocking Don Medusa from the right in the process and getting K7 heart.
- Try to lure Rocky to upper area by standing on its vertical path. After that is done, quickly move the EF on G10 to E10 and grab the jewel.
You need 4 hearts for the first bridge power.
You need 11 hearts for the second bridge power.
You need 16 hearts for the third bridge power.
- Pick up all four center hearts (E6, F5, F7 and G6).
- Quickly but carefully: Create the first bridge on J6, collect all four bottom-right hearts, then other three hearts beside the I3 Rocky and rush back to I6. That Rocky should not be able to follow you.
- Move to A4 and face up. Quickly: When Leeper reaches D4, create the second bridge on A3 and move around the top-left corner clockwise collecting all hearts. Back at center, quickly put Leeper to sleep on G6.
- Move to F11. Again quickly: Create the bridge on E11, go around the lower-left corner clockwise collecting remaining hearts while luring Rocky to chase you. Rush back to the chest and grab the jewel.
- Move the EF on F6 to F7 and the EF on G4 to G3. Pick up the heart on G7. Shoot the Skull on C9 once and move it to A10. Collect hearts A6, A7, A1 and G11.
- Stand on G6, shoot the G10 Skull twice and quickly hide to F6. Move the EF on F7 to G10, where the Skull was. Collect hearts F11 and E11. Shoot the E10 Skull once and move it to B11.
- Do this somewhat quickly: Shoot Skulls on B1 and C1 both twice. Hide below the EF on D5 and before Skulls respawn, move the same EF halfway between B1 and C1, trapping Don. Now move the EF now on G3 to H3.
- Pick up the D11 heart, then stand on G8. Quickly: When the lower Don Medusa goes away, pick up the H8 heart, rush to G3, then one space left and to chest, grabbing the jewel.
- When Don Medusa passes to right, quickly get F10, E10, D10 hearts and get to safe spot on C10. Avoiding the Don Medusa again, collect D8, E8 and F8 hearts, returning back to C8. Move up one space to C7.
- When Don Medusa is going to right again, quickly move to E5. Push the EF on F7 one space down. Carefully get the heart on G8.
- Trap the Don Medusa to middle (F9) by moving Snakeys on E6 and G6 both two spaces down. Collect hearts on C9, G10, H8, H10 and I9.
- Move the EF on I5 to K5 and shoot the J3 Snakey once and move it to J1. Pick up hearts I1 and K7.
- Shooting both once, move C5 Snakey to A5 and B3 Snakey to B1. Collect last two hearts, shoot the Gol, push it two spaces up and grab the jewel.
You need 5 hearts for the hammer power.
- Start by collecting hearts A9, A10, A11, B10 and B11. Shoot the F5 Skull twice and claim the F4 heart. Move to J2.
- Quickly: Shoot the I2 Skull once, then collect hearts on I1, G1 and E1 and shoot the Skull again. Before it respawns, collect hearts on C1, B1, A7 and get back to the I6.
- Less quickly: Shoot the J6 Skull twice, claim the last heart, break the rock on J10 and grab the jewel.
- Pick up the C10 heart. Very quickly: Shoot the G10 Snakey once and move it three spaces right, four spaces up and four spaces left to F6 before it hatches. You have to do it in one try.
- Shoot the F2 Snakey once and move it to E5. Pick up the E4 heart and push the EF on D5 to D6. Pick up hearts G7, A4 and A5.
- Maneuver the EF on G9 to E8 like this: Move it six spaces up, one space left, one space up, four spaces left, six spaces down and three spaces right.
- Claim the last heart and grab the jewel.
You need 2 hearts for the arrow power.
- Pick up hearts A8 and A7. Shoot the Snakey on C7 once and move it to F7, collecting hearts C8, D5, F6 and G6.
- Shoot the Snakey on J7 twice and pick up the K10 heart. In order to reach the A1 heart, from G1, go two spaces left, one down, one left, one up and three spaces to left. Pick up the A1 heart.
- Head to the C3 and use the arrow power on C4. Shoot the Snakey on C5 once and move it one space down. To reach the jewel, you need to maneuver around arrows via lower-right corner. You can't really get stuck.
- Before doing any extra moves, run to the spot F8 and return back to F11 without stopping. If you did it right, four Leepers should have been stopped on spots E7,5, E8,5, G7,5 and G8,5.
- Put one of the remaining two Leepers to sleep on H9. Now carefully pick up hearts J11, K11, B11, A9 and B4. Shoot the last Leeper once and make it asleep on C6 above the C7 Medusa.
- Pick up hearts C1 and D1, shoot the J1 Gol once, claim the A1 heart and grab the jewel.
- Pick up hearts D7, H7 and J5. Carefully get the I9 heart as well and quickly shoot the Alma once. Before it hatches, move the EF on J6 to I9.
- Again, carefully get the heart on I11 and shoot the nearby Alma once. Before it hatches, move the EF on G7 to I11. Now move the EF on E7 all way to I1, blocking the K1 Gol.
- Once more, carefully get the heart on C9, shoot the Alma once and quickly move the EF on B6 to C9.
- Collect the last heart (C11), shoot the Alma again and quickly make your way to the jewel.
- Move the EF on H9 to F4, the EF on E9 to E2, the one now on F4 to G4 and the EF on E3 to C2. Claim the A1 heart.
- Move the EF on C5 to F1 and the EF on C8 to H3. Shoot the G7 Snakey once and move it to H6. Pick up the H1 heart and push the I1 Gol left to H1.
- Maneuver the EF on G8 to I4 and the EF on I8 to I1. Get the last heart and grab the jewel.
You need 5 hearts for the first bridge power. You need 7 hearts for the second bridge power.
- Collect hearts I8, J7, C8, D10 and D11 and B1. Move the EF on H6 halfway between H7 and I7. Move the EF on F6 to J7.
- Rather quickly: Create the first bridge on F4. Collect hearts D2, D3, E1, E2, E3 and then move the EF on F5 halfway between D7 and E7.
- Get the G1 heart, create the second bridge on H1, pick up hearts I1 and J1 and cross back.
- Quickly and carefully: Shoot the Gol on C1 once and then the Gol on A2 once. Quickly rush to chest on A1 while avoiding fires of F2 and F3 Gols.
- Pick up the heart on I1. Move the EF on K3 to K5, the EF on J4 to I4, the EF on J2 to H2, the EF on J3 to J4 and the EF on I3 to E3.
- Rather quickly: Shoot the C4 Snakey once, move it to A4, get the heart on A1 and shoot the Snakey again before it hatches. Before it respawns, move the EF now on E3 to C4.
- Move the EF now on H2 to G7 and the EF now on J4 to J8,5. Get hearts J11, K10 and K11.
- Move the EF now on C4 to E7 and the EF on C8 to A9. Get the last heart and grab the jewel.
You need 6 hearts for the bridge power, even though it is not required to complete this room.
- When Don Medusa moves to left, get the K11 heart and when it moves to right, grab the A11 heart.
- When Don Medusa is on the right side, move the EF on E10 to E9. Very carefully move the EF on H7 to I8 and the EF on J6 to K5. When it is safe, grab the K6 heart and hide to I6.
- Using the EF on I8, trap the Don Medusa to K9. Move the EF on G6 to A5, the EF on G10 to B4 and the EF now on H5 to J4. Finally, move the EF on E9 to C3 and the EF on F10 to I5.
- Quickly: Shoot the Snakey on H3 once and push it to water, getting on egg yourself. From the water current, push the EF on C3 to A3, return to the EF on I5 and move it to K3.
- Get last two hearts (A1 and K2). When Snakey reappears, use it again to reach the chest.
- Collect hearts C9, A10, D9 and D8. Shoot the D7 Snakey once and push it to water. Cross the "river", shoot the F3 Snakey once and push it to H1,5. Push the EF on E5 to B5 and wait on spot C6.
- Quickly: When the D7 Snakey reappears, shoot the C7 Snakey once, push it two spaces down and then three spaces up to C6. Before the egg hatches, shoot the D7 Snakey once, push it to the water above and then push the egg on C6 to the water on left. Push the EF on B5 to B2. Wait on C6.
- When the D7 Snakey appears again, shoot it once and to the water to right. Ride the egg until F9, then shoot the Snakey on F8 and move it to D1,5. Move the EF on G5 to J5.
- Shoot the I7 Snakey once, move it two spaces down and then again three spaces up to I6. Collect hearts J8, K9, H10, H9 and H8. Then push the H7 Snakey to water above and then shoot Snakey on I6 once more and push it to the water on right. Push the EF on J5 to J2.
- Get the K2 heart, use the I7 Snakey again to cross the water on G8. Go to the chest.
Note for steps 2 and 4 to lessen confusion: Do not shoot any Snakeys twice in a row.
You need 2 hearts for the hammer power.
- Start by collecting hearts H7 and I8 for four shots and the hammer power. Shoot the Snakey on G6 once and move it to E4. Collect hearts C2, C1, B1, A1 and A2. Move the EF on B2 to E7.
- Move the EF on B6 to A5. Shoot the J9 Snakey twice, get the K10 heart and wait on J10. When Snakey reappears, shoot it again once and move it to E10. Claim all six hearts from the lower-left corner.
- Quickly break the I1 rock near Don Medusa and escape to F2. Carefully get to J7, below the Snakey. Shoot J6 Snakey once, move it to J1, claim last two hearts and shoot the Snakey egg again while hiding below the K4 rock.
- When J6 Snakey reappears, use it to trap Don Medusa to K1. Grab the jewel.
You need 2 hearts for the arrow power. Because of so many arrows, I will only be describing movements of Lolo itself.
- Move 1 space down, 1 right, 1 down, 1 right, 2 down, 2 left, 4 right, 1 down and 5 up. You should be on F1.
- Move 4 spaces left, 6 down, 1 left, 5 right, 2 up, 2 right, 2 down, 2 right, 2 up, 1 right, 1 left, 2 up, 1 right and 2 up. You should be at K1 heart by now.
- Move 9 spaces left, 6 down, 4 right, 4 down and 5 spaces left. Use the arrow power on E11. Claim last 2 hearts and grab the jewel.
No need to block Skulls as grassy patches will protect you from them. Save A8 heart for last.
- Pick up the F7 heart. Move E4 Skull to B1 and then push the D3 EF to A3.
- Move H2 Skull to H1 and then push the I3 EF to K3. Get hearts E1, G1 and K8.
- Shoot the Gol on K9 and move it to K11 and get the J11 heart.
- Get A8 heart and rush to B10. Shoot the Gol on C10 and move it four spaces right. Run to the chest below.
- Get hearts G3 and I5. Carefully move the EF on F5 to C4 and the EF on G6 to H9. Very carefully use the F6 Snakey to cross the water on G8. Push the EF on H9 to J9.
- When Snakey reappears, carefully cross the water with it on C5. Move the EF on C4 to C2. Now you can somewhat safely get hearts E1, K1 and K7.
- When Snakey reappears again, cross the water on J8 and trap Don Medusa to K11. Get the heart on E11 and wait for Snakey to reappear.
- Cross the water with Snakey at spot D2 and trap the Don Medusa on A1. Get the A7 heart.
- Once more, cross the water with Snakey at spot D7 and ride the current to chest.
You need to dodge Rocky while avoiding horizontal moving Don Medusa as well.
- Move the EF on I7 to K7 and the EF on H8 to D5 while trapping Don Medusa to its left side. If you are lucky, you can trap Rocky there as well. Extremely carefully pick up hearts A7 and A9.
- Move the EF on H9 to D3 and EF on H10 to E1,5. Now get one of EFs from the J-column and bring it all way to I4, trapping the upper Don Medusa below it.
- Get last two hearts and grab the chest.
- Carefully claim the heart from H1 and then heart J11 afterwards. Use the EF on E10 to trap Don Medusa on spot C5.
- Shoot the Snakey on B8 twice and push EF on C9 to B8 before it reappears and pick up hearts B11, G7 and H7.
- Rather quickly: When Snakey reappears on I3, shoot the J2 Skull twice. Push the I3 Snakey to J2 and the EF on G3 to I3.
- When the Skull reappears on A3, collect last two hearts (A9 and K9) in that order. This requires timing: When the Skull is at B1, claim the jewel.
You need 7 hearts for the bridge power.
- Get hearts H7, H6 and I6. Move the Snakey on I8 to K8 and get hearts J9 and K9. Move the EF halfway between C7 and D7. Head to upper-right corner.
- Shoot Leeper twice. Wait 4-5 seconds and shoot the Alma once. Push the egg to H3. Get hearts I2 and J2 and return to EF. If done correctly, Leeper should respawn at A9.
- Cross the lava with your bridge at D6 to other side. Stand exactly at spot A7,5.
- When Leeper is directly below you, quickly get the A8 heart and put Leeper to sleep. Carefully dodge the fire of K6 Gol and make your way to the exit.
- Push the EF on K10 to F11 (with the EF on G9 to G8 in the process), the one on E7 to E6, the one on H7 to I6. Pick up the heart G3.
- Push the Snakey on E4 to D3 and the EF on E6 to D9. Move the EF now on G8 to K4. Claim the heart on K3.
- Quickly: Move the Snakey on I2 to I1, claim the K1 heart, shoot the egg again from below. Before Snakey reappears, stand on I1,5. If you did it right, the Snakey should respawn half a space below you.
- Shoot the Snakey on I2 again and move it to B1, pushing the EF on B5 to A5 along the way. Claim the heart A1.
- Move the EF on B7 to A7, then push the EF on B6 to B11. Get the last heart and grab the jewel.
This level has whopping 7 warp holes and you must use them all.
- First of all, collect all available hearts (B5, B7, F4, F6, F8, J5 and J7).
- Move the F3 Snakey to F2, the B4 Snakey to E1 and the J4 Snakey to G1. First three warps covered.
- Shoot the B8 Snakey twice and move the B6 Snakey to B8. Shoot the J8 Snakey twice and move the J6 Snakey to J8. Two more warps to go.
- Shoot the F7 Snakey twice and move the F5 Snakey to F7. Wait for Snakey to reappear. Shoot the F9 Snakey twice and move the Snakey now on F7 to F9.
- You should be able to get remaining four hearts now and grab the jewel.
- Move the EF on H11 to J10, the EF on G10 to G9 and the EF on H10 to K10, trapping Don Medusa to lower-right. Move the EF on F10 to A9, trapping the left Down below. Get the B11 heart and use the EF on G9 to fully trap that same Don. Pick up the C7 heart.
- Quickly: Cross the water with the J4 Snakey, get the J2 heart and cross back. Shoot the H2 Snakey once, then push the I4 Snakey to water below him. Push the H2 Snakey-egg to H1 and cross back before the egg sinks.
- Shoot the D8 Snakey and push it to the water on B5. Collect last three hearts from upper-left corner.
- Cross back to the lower side and shoot the infinitely going egg on the water once. Cross back to upper-right via J4 Snakey and grab the jewel.
You need 5 hearts for the hammer power. Step 2 seems to make no sense at first, but it is essential to do in order to beat this room.
- Get all five nearby hearts.
- Time this very carefully: Shoot D9 Snakey twice, then wait few seconds. Shoot the D4 Snakey twice, get the C4 heart and wait at D10. As soon as the D9 Snakey reappears, very quickly move it to D4 before the other Snakey reappears.
- Get the H9 heart, shoot the I5 Snakey twice and collect hearts I4, J6, J2 and G2. Shoot the E2 Snakey twice, get the D2 heart and wait at F2.
- Shoot the D2 Snakey again, but this time push it to the water on A5. Ride the egg until B8, quickly break the C8 rock and get off the egg. Grab the jewel.
You need a lot of careful EF placement, most of which will require half spaces.
- Push the EF on I9 to G9, the EF on H8 to halfway between G7 and H7 and again the one on G9 to F9.
- Move the EF on I8 to halfway between E6,5 and F6,5. Move the EF near F9 to C9 and the EF on J9 to B5,5. The one halfway between E6,5 and F6,5 will be a half space up.
- Move the EF on H10 to D2,5. Move the EF on J10 to B2 and the EF on I10 to A4. Get both hearts from the upper-left corner.
- From E4, shoot the Gol twice and quickly push the EF on J6 to J4, where the Gol was. It should reappear in B10. Get last two hearts and push the Gol on B10 a half space left. Get the jewel.
You need 3 hearts for the arrow power.
- Start by getting hearts K2, K4 and K6. Shoot the I2 Snakey once and push it to the water on G4, but don't ride it. Wait at G5 and when the egg is at G6, push the EF on G7 to G8.
- Quickly: When the Snakey reappears, shoot it and move it to K9, grab the K8 heart and shoot the egg again.
- Push the EF on H10 to I11. When the I2 Snakey reappears again, move it to F9. Push the EF on D10 to C11 and the EF on C8 to E8. Get the F11 heart.
- Use the arrow power on C4. Move the C2 Snakey to A9. Collect last two hearts. Shoot the A3 Gol and run to the chest from A2.
Save the J11 heart for last.
- Pick up the heart on I1 and use the J1 Snakey to ride on the water current from K1.
- When you approach the K8 Snakey, do the following quickly: Shoot the Snakey once and push it down one space. Push the EF on I8 one space left and then push the egg on water. Move the EF on J9 to K8 and the EF now on H8 to halfway between H10 and I10.
- Wait for Snakey to reappear on E9. Collect hearts A10 and A11. Shoot the Gol on G7 twice and wait on G8 for it to reappear.
- When the Gol reappears, push it to the water above and ride the egg. Get hearts G3 and G2 and hop back to the egg. Ride the current until you can collect hearts B6 and C6.
- If you are quick enough, you can get the J11 heart and grab the jewel before the G7 Gol reappears. Even if you aren't, you can use your last shot on it.
Save hearts E11 and G11 for last.
- Pick up the hearts J1 and J2. Move the EF on I1 to G1, the EF on I2 to H3,5 and the EF on I3 to G5.
- Shoot the K2 Gol twice, then push the EF on J3 halfway between F2 and G2. Collect hearts J6, I7 and H8.
- Push the EF on F7 to halfway between E6 and F6, the EF on F9 to D11, the EF on G10 to H11 and finally the EF on E10 to A10. Collect hearts D8, C7 and B6.
- Move the B5 Gol a half space up and two spaces right to D4,5. Push the EF on C3 to E3. Get all 5 upper hearts.
- Finally, claim hearts E11 and G11 and grab the jewel.
You need 7 EFs to fully block Medusas in this level.
- Move the EF on H8 to I8, the EF on H7 to H6, the EF on I7 to K7 and the EF on J8 to J9. Push the EF now on I8 to G5 and the EF on I9 to I11.
- Move the EF on H10 to H4, the EF on H9 to I5, the EF on J9 to J3 and the EF on J10 to K2. All EFs should be placed now.
- Get the A2 heart. Do the following quickly: Push the B2 Snakey to water below, shoot the B4 Snakey and push it to water, get the A4 heart, quickly get to the egg and shoot B6 Snakey and push to water. Repeat with B8 Snakey to reach bottom part again. Grab the jewel afterwards.
Harder version of 8-3. Due to a bug in game, Don Medusa can kill you in some places even if halfway blocked, so be extra careful.
- Push the EF on J8 to halfway between G7 and H7. Push the EF on I9 to F9 and the EF on H8 to halfway between E7,5 and F7,5. Push the F9 EF on C8,5.
- Push the EF on I9 to D7 and the one on halfway between E7,5 and F7,5 one and a half space up. Push the EF now on D7 halfway between A7 and B7, trapping both Don Medusas below it.
- Move the EF on H10 to E3, trapping Don Medusa above it. Move the EF on halfway between E6 and F6 a half space right.
- Move the EF on J10 to D2 and the EF on I10 to halfway between A2 and B2. Get hearts A3 and A4.
- Quickly: From D4, shoot the Gol twice and run around to get hearts K5, K4 and I2. Run to the chest before Gol reappears.
- Pick up the heart A11 and return back to A3. Carefully get the A2 heart, then sprint to the B8 and wait for Leeper. When Leeper approaches, shoot it once and push it to somewhere in C-column. Run to the G9 and wait for Leeper-egg to hatch. When it approaches you again, shoot it again once and push it to E11. Make sure the Leeper falls asleep in that spot.
- Claim hearts D10 and D2. Push the EF on F3 to F2 and the EF on H4 to I4. Wait on H4 and prepare for another sequence.
- Very quickly: When Don Medusa passes, shoot the Snakey once and push it to H1, trapping Don temporarily to right. Get the E1 heart. From H3, shoot the Snakey-egg again and trap Don to E1 with the EF now on F2. Before Snakey reappears, quickly move the EF on I4 to H3, getting another heart in a process.
- Snakey should reappear on I7. Push the EF on H3 to H6. Get the last heart and collect the jewel.
You need 5 hearts for the bridge power.
- Get the B1 heart, shoot the E2 Snakey and push it to the water on G2. Pick up hearts G1 and H1 and get back on the egg. Cross back to the upper-left as soon as possible and quickly push the EF on C3 to F2.
- When the E2 Snakey reappears, move it again to the water on G2 and move the EF on F2 to E2. Quickly get back to the egg and shoot the H5 Gol from above. When the egg reaches I5, push the egged Gol to F5. Wait for Snakey to reappear on I2.
- Push the EF to C3 and the C4 Snakey water on D4. Quickly move the EF to C4 before Snakey reappears.
- Shoot the F5 Gol once and push it to water on F6. Ride the egg until G8, then push the G9 EF to G11. Quickly get both lower hearts and cross the water to J9 when the egg reaches spot I9. Avoid the J3 Gol's fire.
- Create the bridge on K5 and grab the jewel.
You need 6 hearts for the arrow power.
You need 7 hearts for the bridge power.
Save the I1 heart for last.
- Get the I11 heart. Push the F10 Gol to water above and cross the water to E8. Take the C6 heart and cross back to lower area with the D7 Snakey. Wait for Gol to reappear.
- Quickly: Shoot the F10 Gol again and move it to I10. Push the EF on D10 to F10 and push the egg to the water above. Ride the egg and push the EF on G8 to G7.
- Shoot the H6 Snakey once and move it to H5. Take the G6 heart, push the EF on G7 to G5 and cross the water to upper area with the H5 Snakey. At the other side, shoot the egg again.
- Push the EF on I2 to K2 and get the H1 heart. Gol should be respawned on D2 by now. Move the D2 Gol to B2, get A1 and B1 hearts and push Gol to the water below. Wait on C2 for Gol to reappear again.
- Quickly: Shoot the D2 Gol and push it to the water on H3. Cross the water and shoot the egg again. Cross the water at H9 with the Snakey, then push the EF on F10 to B10 (use the arrow power on C10) before the Gol reappears.
- Get the B11 heart and cross the water to middle area via I9. Return back to the upper area. Create the bridge on J3 and get the J6 heart.
- Shoot the F4 Gol once, then quickly get the I1 heart and grab the jewel.
- Take the I9 heart and move the Skull from G9 to E6. Get hearts E11 and H7.
- Quickly: Shoot the Skull on K9 twice, then move the H5 Snakey to K9. That Skull should reappear on A2.
- Move E4 Snakey to D5, getting the D3 heart too. Move the C8 Snakey to C10 and pick up hearts A10 and B10. Move the J7 Snakey to K4.
- Quickly and very carefully: Pick up the K5 heart and wait on 4th row. Shoot the moving Skull and push it to E4. Before the egg hatches, get the jewel when the upper-left Skull is at B1.
- Get the J11 heart, then push the H8 Snakey one space right, one space down and three spaces up to the water on I6. Ride the egg and cross the water at H6. Wait for Snakey to reappear.
- Quickly: Shoot the Alma once on K-column, get both upper-right hearts and push the egg to the water on K6. Immediately cross to other side and move the H8 Snakey to F8 and the EF on E7 to D7. When the egg gets to F6, ride the egg and cross the water to the upper-left.
- Push the EF on D7 to D9. Get hearts A1, A3 and A5. Now, shoot the A8 Skull and as soon as you grab the A7 heart, cross the water on A10 and grab the jewel.
You need 6 hearts for the hammer power.
- Move the EF on F9 to F8 and the EF on H5 to halfway between G5 and H5. Move the EF on G6 to D6 and pick up the C6 heart. Move the EF on I6 to F6.
- Quickly: Shoot the I10 Snakey once and move it to K8. Push the EF on J9 one space down and get the K9 heart. Shoot the egg again and move the EF on H9 to I10.
- Move the J10 EF to J3. Snakey should reappear on C8.
- Very quickly: Shoot the G10 Snakey once and move it two and a half spaces left. Get hearts D11, A11 and B8 and shoot the egg again from below. Move the EF on I10 to G10. Move the EF on F6 to F3 as well.
- Snakey should reappear on H3. Very quickly: Break the rock on C7, shoot the C8 Snakey twice and push the EF on B4 to C8. Push the EF on G10 to I10 as well. This Snakey should reappear on G1, giving you an access to the jewel.
You need 4 hearts for the bridge power.
At the end of step 4, you have to perform a very weird trick. Screenshot below should demonstrate it well. Save the D11 heart for last.
- Get hearts A4, B5 and C4. Push the EF on B6 to B11.
- Push the Snakey to water on its right. Move the EF on B4 to D4 and the EF on C6 to C7. Snakey should reappear on C2.
- Very quickly: Push the Snakey a half space down, one space left, 1,5 spaces down, 1 space right, 2 spaces down 1 space to right to the water on D7. Ride the egg until E8 and push the EF on your left to B4 and the EF on C7 to C5.
- Very quickly: When Snakey reappears, push it a half left and one space up. Push the EF on C5 to C2 and then push the Snakey to the water on E1. Ride the egg and depart to G1. Before the Snakey returns, grab the H1 heart, then go to F3 by walking halfway below the G2 heart, create the bridge on E3 and push the EF on B4 to G3. Phew!
- If you did the last step correctly, the Snakey should reappear on H4. Get hearts G2, I8 and H7.
- Carefully push the EF on J8 to J10 and the EF on K8 to K4 while avoiding Rocky. Push the EF on I11 to H11 and the EF on I9 to H9. Push the EF on I10 one space up and get the H10 heart.
- Push the EF on J10 to J8 and the EF on I9 to I8. Wait on I9 for Rocky to stop in I10. Shoot the Rocky once and move it to G10. Push the I8 EF to H10 to trap Rocky. When the egg hatches, push the same EF from H10 to G10.
- Push the Gol on I1 to J1. Move the EF on J8 to J4, the EF on C2 carefully to C9 and collect the last heart when Rocky is at F11.
- Shoot the Rocky twice from the lower-left, then rush back to the lower-right. Lure the Rocky to walk to G5. When it gets there, quickly shoot it once and rush to the chest.
This is it, the final boss. He moves in a swinging pattern at the upper side while shooting fireballs towards bottom.
- Easiest way to defeat him is to stand on K-column, on the same level as him; he won't be able to hit you. Occasionally turn left to shoot the boss and then hug the wall again. Repeat until you have beaten him.
Congratulations, you have beaten the game!
This guide may not be used as any part of business or in any other sites than GameFAQs without the author's permission. However, even if you decide to use it, please be sure to give the proper credit for it.
HAL Laboratory, Inc. - For creating this awesome game
Sivak Drac - For creating guide for a japanese version of Adventures of Lolo 3 and therefore inspiring me to do this