Review by Vegita

"Oh, where's George Clooney when you need him?"

Ranking:

Group Enjoyment: 3/10
Individual Enjoyment: 7/10
Challenge: 7/10
Ending: 7/10

A fun platform-hopper based off of the cartoon. You have to travel through the city, squashing tomato-mutants, working your way towards the mad doctor's laboratory. There are several kinds of the rampant fruit (vegetable?), ranging from tiny to gigantic. So, does this game trounce the evil Vegitable menace, or does it turn the human race into a bunch of carnivores?

Good Points:
The graphics are pretty good, with your character somewhat-defined, and the various edible enemies VERY well defined. The sound effects could have been better, but they're still good. The originality is good, but it IS still a platform game at heart. The ending is decent, as is the challenge. The shining star of the game, though, is the play control. You can control you character so well, you could stop on a dime (not that there is much stopping or money involved in this game).

Bad Points:
A very irritating part of this game is that it's hard to figure out just how you're supposed to get rid of the evil baddies. Sometimes you have to stomp on them, some you just have to get around them. Your character may be able to move, but having trouble getting through an area shouldn't be based off of figuring out how to squash some overripe fruit.

General Ratings:

Graphics: The graphics are pretty good, with a cartoonish feel to them. Of course, how could you have a video game with tomatoes as the bad guy, and NOT have it look and feel like a cartoon?

Sound: The sound here is also pretty good. I mean, I wanted more squishy sounds, but I guess I'm just not going to get it.

Music: Hey, there's some music in this game! And it doesn't stink! Wow! I love it! Ok, so it's not that great, but it's better than some of the games for the Nintendo.

Originality: This game is a LITTLE like The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants, but this game has good play control. Honestly, this is a really original game.

Play Control: The control for this game is excellent. I mean, come on! Mega Man would be proud!

Enjoyment: Not too many fans of the movie out there, and probably even less people would want to watch someone else playing this game. Of course, if you're playing by yourself, it's not so bad. It's pretty good, actually.

Challenge: The challenge here is odd, because it's not based off of play control or difficulty with the enemies. It's difficult to figure out how to defeat the enemies (you usually end up dying while trying). And then there's the problem of finding your way through the game's mazes of sewers and streets. Ok, they're not REALLY mazes, but they are kinda weird to get through.

Ending: Well, it certainly is...interesting. I really don't know what to say past that.

Overall:
This game, while based off of a rather questionable movie and TV show, is actually pretty good. It might not hold your attention very long, but it IS good. Don't pass over this game without taking a look at it.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/04/00, Updated 04/04/00