Review by Doodleheimer

"The things people will do for frogs. It's not like the frog was a box of Triscuits."

Game Play-
9/10

On the outside, Blaster Master is just a regular platformer. Inside, it’s a bunch of computer chips full of whimsy. It’s half side-scroller, Mega Man style, and it’s half top-down shooter, Ikari Warriors style. It’s pretty easy. You can obtain power-ups such as automatic homing missiles from enemies. You can either drive and shoot from a big tank, or walk and shoot by yourself. The latter has to be done in top-down areas.

Control-
8/10

It can be a little tricky to jump onto narrow platforms, because you can easily slip off. And sometimes I wish the tank would drive faster underwater. Other than that, it’s peachy keen. Geez, I’ve never said “peachy keen” before in my life. And when you pass a stage, you can have access to previous stages during the game. That’s pretty cool, huh?

Audio-
8/10

I found the music in this game to be really good and really tank driving-ish. It’s spirited, and fantastic. I loved it, and I am sure that you will too. I also liked the sound effects in this game. They actually sound good, and they do not get on my nerve.

Graphics-
7/10

I wish the objects in this game were bigger, but I can live with the graphics in this game. A lot of the scenes in this game seem to resemble the graphics in the NES game G.I. Joe, which like this game, is one of my NES favorites. But for some reason, the guy controlling the tank looks a lot like Bomberman. The backgrounds in this game are good, and the environments change greatly, which is good and unique and is just some of the charm to this game.

Enjoyability-
7/10

It’s an addicting game that will hook you for a while. If you find it, buy it. It is an innovative platformer that is extremely fun to play and you will stay glued to it for a while. Remember this rhyme to remind you what to do when you see this game. “If you see Blaster Master available, remember that it ain’t mailable, and give some money for an exchangeable” Pretty cool, huh?

Score-39/50

Percentage of Gaming Goodness-78%

Overall-8/10

Doodleheimer’s Recommendationitivity

Yes, you should definitely get this freakin’ game! You will likely not regret the purchase of the NES game Blaster Master. While the title may seem bad, the game is really good.

Street Price-$1.99