Review by Whomper107

"My favorite NES game!"

Well,I go to my Grandmas house, which is in another state, and all she has is a NES. So one day, we were at Wal-Mart, and she bought me this game. I popped it in, and at once became immersed in it's six events, completely oblivious to my surroundings.

Graphics-7:For a NES game, they aren't half bad, with the exception of skateboarding.

Sound-5:I like the music in this game, it has wipeout kinda tunes. What really kills it is the sound effects. There are only two, the sounds of a frisbee flying, and of your player hitting the hacky sack.

Story-0:There isn't one. Your competing to win some events, whoopee!

Gameplay-9:There are six events, skateboarding, hacky sack, BMX, skating, frisbee, and surfing.Heres their ratings:

Skateboarding-5:The control in this one sucks. You can do three tricks, aerial-turn, kick-turn, and handplants. Not to mention face-flips and butt-plants :-). You go up and down in the halfpipe, and you have 1:15 to do as many tricks as you can without wrecking. While it is cool if you can pull off an aerial-turn, they're extremely hard to do and land. The funniest part of this event is wrecking and watching the skateboard come back and hit him in the face!

Foot Bag (or hacky-sack)-8:In this event, you can perform about ten different tricks. You have a limited time to do as many tricks as you can. Or you can just goof around and hit the seagull that occasionally comes by.

Skating-1:This is by far the worst event. I've never made it to the end of the course, and it takes her to long to jump. My thumb usually gets tired from mashing A to make her go. Stay away from this event!Beware!

BMX-10:Definitely the funnest event. You mash A to go, and press B to jump. While in the air, you can do four different tricks, a tabletop, a 360, a frontflip, and a backflip. The end of the course is achievable, but it'll take practice. Play this event often.

Surfing-9:Another good event. You ride the wave until it crashes down on you. You can do tricks by using the wave as a ramp. Hold A to turn sharper. Fun.

Frisbee (flying Disk)-9:Yet another cool event. You do this meter thingy at the bottom (all about timing) to determine the angle and speed of your throw, then you position a girl to catch it. Press A to make her dive.

That sums up the events!

Whompers BuyO'Meter:10