Review by steveberry104

"Oh my God!!!!! I totally forgot about this game!!!"

OMG!! When I was 10 my brother's best friend gave us a bunch of nintendo games he didnt play because we didnt have any. One of them games was Faxanadu!! I had never experienced a game like this in my brief video game life prior to this and I have yet to be able to find a game that matches Faxanadu's magic!!

GRAPHICS 10

I am telling you, for the old 8 bit NES these graphics are excellant. You have very crisp landscapes and characters. WHen yu talk to people it displays thier faces and I am telling you.....they look fantastic!! Their is even a guy smoking a cigarette!! This is by far the most awe-inspiring part about the graphics. The people faces are extremely detailed. The layout and landscape is great as well. The montage at the beginning of the game show's the hero walking up to his hometown and it is extremely well detailed.

STORYLINE 8.5-9

Evil takes over and the forgotten hero comes home to save the day. Yeah, I know you have all heard that one before but this game has a twist. The evil has poisoned the water supply and thier is a serious drought and people are dying at an alarming rate. The first 1/3 of the game focus's sorely on returning the water supply to the people. Granted, that does sound lame but along the way you meet new people, gain new weapons and magic's and defeat many strong enemies. Honestly, you do not even notice that is the plot line of the game, it is that good. You have to gain and find certain keys, rings with special abilities etc...just great

GAMEPLAY 9

Great gameplay, easy to manuver, great gaming. The only drawback is jumping, you cant always get a good jump off and there is a limit to how far you can jump but it is easy to master. I give it a solid 9. Fighting and attacking are pretty easy and thier is a menu to switch around weapons and armors etc... Very nice. Battles with bosses are stright foreward. Hit him, hurt him, damage him, kill him. Basic gaming there huh? Not quite, you can find great magic's and learn spell's along the way which make your quest all the much easier.

MUSIC 11

Yeah, i give it an 11 because it is that darn good!! I havent played this game in 10 years prior to last week and I still had the music for this game running through my head on and off for the last 10 years!! The town music and world music are the best by far.

INTANGABLES 10

Wow, this game has so many brightspots it is sick. It is an action RPG, you can gain levels and experience as well as learn new spells and magics. They have elves, drawfs, kings, novice's etc... in this game. It is soooo cool!! I love it!! The music is great, the storyline is great, it is quite lengthy and that is always a plus!! You get all kinds of great itema like winged boots and special items needed to get past certain areas of the game. Very RPGish.

OVERALL 10

Yeah, this game is great. It had everything a RPG fan could possibly want. Everything. I advise any old-school NES gamer to pick this bad boy up......if you can find it!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/30/04