Review by Eje12345

"Don't waste time monkeying around with this game."

Introduction
I bought an NES and some games from a friend for 25 dollars. One of the games happened to be Jungle Book. I didn't really give it a try at first, because I was more concerned with Duck Hunt. But I played the game, and frankly, I was very disappointed.

Gameplay
Well, in this game, you control a little boy that is in the jungle. There isn't much story to the game, but it is there. You have to get to the village to your home. It's something like that, and it's not very in depth. You can run around and jump, and you can also shoot projectiles. The controls are very simple, but the game still manages to frustrate me. Sometimes you will need to swing from vine to vine, and it's just hard to get your jump to be perfect. If your jump is not perfect, you will miss the vine. If you miss the vine you will fall. This means you have to do it all over again, and you'll probably miss again! This leads to an endless chain of misery!

Gameplay = 3/10

Audio
The sounds in this game are mediocre for being a Nintendo Entertainment System game. They could have been much better, but then again, they could have been much much worse. Your projectile makes a weird little noise, and I don't like it. In fact, I don't think there are enough sound effects in the game. I want more monkey and snake sounds! I guess there is background music, but it's bad to the point where I hardly remember it's there.

Sound = 5/10

Visuals
The graphics are fairly nice in this game. I love the way the snake looks. The little jungle boy looks pretty good too. But I don't like how your projectiles look, or whatever the monkeys throw. The levels are drawn out fairly nicely as well. The graphics are one of they only okay parts of this game.

Graphics = 6/10

Pros and Cons
So let's recap everything I just said, for the lazy people out there:
Pros
+Graphics
+SOME sounds
Cons
-MOST sounds
-Gameplay
-Music

Closing
In conclusion, I was very disappointed with this game. It is one of the most unenjoyable games I own, but I'm not forced to play it. I really wouldn't suggest buying this one for your collection. If you want to try it out, then, I guess it wouldn't be a huge setback to rent it. But I have warned you.

::Overall = 4/10::