Review by Lethargy

"Incredibly stupid & Unbeatably hard -- a winning combination"

As I remember it, Kabuki Quantum Fighter was good for only one thing: the two bucks I sold it for. KQF is really one of those games whose names generally describe all of the in-game action. Yes, you are a kabuki (one of those Japanese, painted face, theatre guys), yes you do fight, and yes some stuff could be described as kind of quantum (I think, I really am unsure of the description of quantum).

Allow me to break it down into its +s and -s

+ You are a kabuki, which is pretty cool

+ You whip enemies with your flaming red hair as your standard attack

- Horrible graphics

- Repetitive enemies

- Incredible difficulty. This is one of those old impossible NES games. In the third stage, I don't care how good you are, you will die as a result of improper jumping/being burnt to death by some flaming thing.

-/+ Ridiculous Plot. You work for a government agency of some kind. Some criminal has turned himself into a computer program and is in a computer somewhere. You are downloaded into the computer in the form of a kabuki and you have to kill various 'viruses' before killing the real bad guy. Neither plus or a minus, really, it's just stupid.

Don't buy this game. Don't download the rom. Tell your friends you played it when discussing awful games. When it comes to games like this, it doesn't hurt to lie.

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99