Review by Psycho Penguin

"Uhh.. its okay, especially for a first generation basketball title"

Magic Johnson's Fast Break is not a terrible game. I remember first seeing this game and was less than joyed when I received it as a gift from a friend of mine. Regardless, Fast Break pleasantly surprised me. Despite the lack of official NBA Liscenses, and Terrible Graphics, the game is better than most N64 basketball titles!!!

GRAPHICS 2/10
How can I rate these graphics? Thats what I usually ask myself when reviewing a NES game, especially a first generation title like this one. Regardless, no matter what way i look at it, the graphics are still very bad. Barely distigushable backgrounds, little players with no detail, and a basketball that looks like an orange dot are the lowlights of this terrible graphical title.

CONTROl 6/10
The control in this game is good, but it is still very difficult to switch from one player to another.

GAMEPLAY 8/10
The gameplay in the game is bare boned and surprisingly well done. There are several modes, and this was one of the first 4-player games out there. You can get a one on one game, two on two, one vs cpu, and a three point shootout. Very cool gameplay indeed. The action on the court is just what you'd expect from a basketball title.

FUN FACTOR 6/10
This game probably would have gotten a 9 had it not been so dang easy to score 300 points in a game. All you have to do is stand right next to the guy out of bounds, and steal the ball when he throws it in bounds. works almost every time!! Regardless, this is a very solid title that puts that piece of crap NBA In the Zone '99 to shame!!!

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 07/16/01