Review by Rick L

"Property! Rent! Bankrupcy! Aargh! *%*$#!!!!!"

This is one of my favorite NES games to play back when I was younger. I'd play it now, but the game has left all rental shelves near me, unfortunately. Don't forget to keep them pockets full in this game!

Since I'm relying solely on memory, I'm rather fuzzy. The graphics were simple and a bit bland, yet they oddly seemed to follow the exact look of the card or board space or whatever. The auction was good as well. I also like the bankrupt scene as well.

This, in my opinion, is awesome! I still remember the tunes to this day, and it's been seemingly ages since I've played it! I loved the little ''Da da da dunnnnn!'' whenever you lost money, or that government sounding music whenever you landed on Luxury Tax or Income Tax, and the Auction theme. I remember picking up the Sega version of Monopoly, and whenever I had to pay something, I'd do the ''da da da dunnnnnnn!'' thing. I also remember the Auction guy saying ''SOLD!'' damn near scared the crap outta me every time. Great job here!

The name of the game is simple; Bankrupt your buddies without ending up having to eat fish skeletons for lunch. The controls are simple and responsive, and it's always fun to adjust the options in your favor. I remember how I used to set the options up so that I'd have the maximum availible cash, then after all the properties had been bought, I'd trade their properties for money scaling up into the $1,000 or more mark. Of course, the greedy CPU would take it. The result is that they'd all suffer a slow and painful road to poverty while I had a bank account more swelled than Bill Gates'. There is something for everyone here!

Replay Value: 10/10

Chances are, if you like this game after the first play, you're gonna get hooked, Plain and simple! Trust me, this game will have you hypnotized into playing it for at least a good couple of weeks.

Overall 9/10

A very, very, very good board game transitioned to the NES. If you're into playing board games, then pick this up. If you like a game that you can vary it's length from slow to fast, than this is for you! Pick this one up, people! You will definitely not want to miss the opportunity to play a good game like this!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/15/01, Updated 12/22/01