Review by Rick L

"Weird, but kind of boring."

I remember playing this game a long time ago. I played it for a bit, then never played it again. While it was fun, it did get very repetitive.

I remember the graphics being OK. Not too bad, not to good. The bosses were pretty good, and a lot of them weren't pallete swaps either. The graphics in whole were good. The scene change in level one was excellent! Other than that, they were merely average. Some things were detailed, others were not.

Again, the sound was OK. The wind whistling was cool in level 6, but it got old a bit quickly. There wasn't really much in the sound effects department, either. The music was also a tad on the repetitive side. You may want to turn the music down and put on a CD or something. The boss music is OK, but it suffers from annoyance syndrome as well.

The game idea was rather good. You could be the way too underpowerful Mark, or the moster Bert, who was powered correctly. Mark can only use his bat to repel things. It's better if you grab a capsule to be Bert. The whole idea was the same. Bat or shoot things, go into rooms to beat bosses. Most were different, and the humor in this game is alright. I mean, who ever heard of a pair of pants as an enemy? The game is hard. The game is impossible if you're playing as Mark. What the hell were the creators thinking when they made Mark? Stick with Bert, for cryin' out loud! *Smacks the game makers with a baseball bat for making Mark so damn weak!*

Replay Value 1/10

Once you beat this, you probably won't want to beat this again. The game is just long, repetitive, drawn out, hard, and absolutely boring. Let me assure you, if you're patient enough to play through until the end, give yourself a pat on the back and savor the moment, because you won't be doing it again anytime soon.

If you can make it through the first level without turning the game off, then keep playing, because I think you can go to the end. If not, tuck the game into a shelf somewhere. I would reccomend this only as a rent, unless you're crazy about this game.

This is the Rick, signing out for the year 2001! Happy New Year to Everyone! Bye!

Reviewer's Score: 6/10 | Originally Posted: 01/01/02, Updated 01/01/02