Review by Kirby58

"Pretty good game, as far as action platformers go"

Introduction:
In case you couldn't already tell, I'm not to much into platformers. Most of the time all you do is jump to different platforms and slash at enemies, but this one is different.

This is where the game really shines. You can pick up three main weapons, shriekun, good for long distance throwing, but weak. A chain, semi long distance, but more powerful than the shriekun. There is also a rod, which has virtually no range, but is the most powerful of the three. There is one more special weapon, a sword, which has a range in between the chain and the rod. It is extremly powerful, and can take out bosses in an amount of hits I can count on two hands. Now that you know all that, heres the catch. With every different weapon comes a different animal. You hold down the attack button and PRESTO! You turn into an action ready animal, varying from the different weapons. If you are wielding shriekun, you turn into a tiger, whom is very agile and jumps as high as can be. He has a short range though, only being able to attack with his paw. If you have the chain, you transform into a scorpion. This scorpion has the same range as the chain, and is very slow on land. Whats his purpose, you may ask? Get him into water and watch him fly! If he's in the water, you can't touch him! Wield the rod and you turn into a bird. While this bird cannot attack, he flies swiftly out of harms way, and your partner can even ride on him! Last, but definitley not least, is the sword. While wielding this, you and your partner turn into a dragon! This beast cannot be hurt, literally. He fires super sonic circles of fire which annilate everything in their path. The downside to this is that you have a timer on the dragon, and once you change back, you lose the sword and start with shriekun again. Another cool thing about this game is the simaltaneous action. Thats right, two ninjas can race through the levels battling robots, and gaining weapons.

The story is, robots are taking over the world, and two ninjas must stop them. Those two ninjas are you. Not the most innovative, but it dosn't hurt the game at all.

Not the best graphics I've seen on the NES, but not bad either. You have the ability to move up and down, as well as side to side which is rarely seen in an old game. The weapons are done well, and so are the animals.

Meh. They're O.K. They could've done better with the weapon sounds, though I do like it when my ninja kills a robot.

Music: 7/10
The music was actually pretty good for an old game.

Replay Value: 10/10
This game has great replay value, I still play it today, and I doubt that I will ever get bored with it. This one will contstantly be in your NES.

Rent or Buy:
Rent it if your not sure whether you'll like it or not(but I have no doubt that you will) If you can find it on ebay, then BID, BID, BID! It's a great game with many hours of gameplay, well worth the 5 bucks you'll pay for it.

Pros
-----
Simultaneous action
Good replay value
Different weapons

Cons
-----
O.K Graphics
O.K Sound FX

Final Grade: 7.5, rounded up to an 8.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/25/04