Review by Rick L

"That dirty rat!!"

I remember playing this game when I was younger, so I decided to try it out again on an emulator. I did have fun with it again, but it seemed to lack something the second time around.

Very nice! I like it! Things are very colorful and very well done. The animation is good too. I had to take a point off for the crappy job on the ref, though. The characters look the same no matter who you pick. Also a definite bad. The animation is pretty good. Nothing spectacular.

Only the annoying music, for the most part. A couple of sounds here and there, and there you go. That's about it. Nothing spectacular here either.

Gameplay: 8.3/10

Fun! Normally, I detest tennis, but this game is fun. You got two people running around hitting a ball! The ref seems to add something to the game, too. If you wait, a rat comes out and just sort of wanders around the field. The cool part is that he reacts to the rat being there! I love it when the guy says ''Yuk, a rat!''. Obviously he doesn't like rats. (I could've sworn I saw him say ''Have some cheese, rat!'' once when I was younger.) But anyway, getting back to the game, the game is easy to learn. Serving doesn't take that long to learn, but it can be a pain in the ass. The most annoying part is actually hitting the ball back. It seems to either hit you, or it misses. It doesn't get to you at first, but later, you'll throw the controller at the TV. Basically, for me, the rat steals the show, folks!

Replay Value: ?/10

It all depends on if you like Tennis, or just wanna see the rat. Whatever it is, I left this blank seeing as how it depends on the person playing the game, much like Kung-Fu heroes.

Probably one of the better NES Tennis titles out there. If you can find it, and you like Tennis, by all means buy it. This is a fun game, but it may not hold your interest for too long. My best suggestion would be to download the ROM and play it, that way if you get sick of it, you don't get stuck with it and you didn't waste any money at all.

This is The Rick, goin' to chase that rat!!
Err...Tellin' you to go play, I mean!

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/28/02, Updated 01/28/02