Review by Videogamer

"One of the greatest sequels ever made"

This game came out in 1994, just before the NES was officially discontinued. Since most people weren't playing the NES anymore, not many people knew about this great game. This is one of the best games for the NES, and is definately a classic.

Story: 9 out of 10
The story is that Mike has returned home and starting to live a normal life again. His uncle, Dr. Jones, has been trying to decode a cither he found on the hub of the alien ship. Mike walks in and his uncle tells him to check the book (I can't remember the exact name) and he "slips to another time and space" then ends up in cave man times. I'd tell more, but that's the first five minutes of the game.

Graphics: 10 out of 10
The graphics are simply spectacular! The first time I saw it, I had to make sur I didn't turn on my Sega Genesis. The graphics are always at a top-down perspective, but everything is very well detailed and the use of color is very good. I also have never seen any slowdown.

Play control: 9 out of 10
The play control in this game is greatly improved from the original. In fact, that was my only real complaint about the original when Mike would sometimes slide when walking. In this game, the play control is very tight and responsive. There is also very little tile hopping, but when you do have to, it can be difficult because his jumping isn't always perfect.

Gameplay: 9 out of 10
The gameplay is the same as the original with less hopping on tiles. Well, that pretty much sums that up.

Frustration
There are many difficult parts in this game where you just don't know what to do, so it can be frustrating at times, like the original.

Overall: 9 out of 10
This is definately one of the best games for the NES. It's mainly aimed at experienced gamers and the modern story gives it a much broader appeal than most adventure/rpgs.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99