Review by Vegita

"Hey Moe! Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk... ::pokes Curly in the eyes::"

Ranking:

Group Enjoyment: 3/10
Individual Enjoyment: 8/10
Challenge: 8/10
Ending: 3/10

A game featuring the 3 Stooges? Well, why not…the plot is, in a nut shell, that the Stooges have to collect enough money to save an orphanage, but in order to get the money, you have to do a series of odd jobs, such as boxing the champ, or serving (er...throwing) pies to guests. So, do the Stooges save the orphanage, or do they have to spend the rest of their career finding homes for the kiddies?

Good Points:
This game is fun! The Graphics are quite nice, with well-drawn pictures of Larry, Moe, and Curly all over the place. The sound effects are decent, ranging from the traditional bleeps and bloops of running and jumping in a video game, to getting hit with a cream pie. The music is very fitting, being very goofy (the music that drives Curly into a fighting frenzy is in this one!). The originality is WAY up there, as I doubt there's ever been a game like this (let me see...3 stooges, check. Pie throwing, check. Various games to win money, oops! Been done!). The play control is good for its respective games, and the challenge is pretty high (getting a large sum of money in a month ain't easy, you know!).

Bad Points:
It takes a LOT of money to save the poor kids, and you only have a month to do it! But still, this game's a lot of fun. Too bad the ending isn't worth the work it takes to get it. And the group enjoyment is down the tubes, because unless you're a die-hard fan of the stooges, you're not going to be too interested in watching.

General Ratings:

Graphics: The Graphics for this game are great. The Stooges are well animated, while the various obstacles are cutesy and basic. Nothing TOO great here, but it's all about the Stooges, isn't it?

Sound: The sound is good, too. Boingy boingy boingy...

Music: Ah, the music. We hear the ''Three Blind Mice'' tune that was used for their theme music, and it's not that bad. Then you get to hear that music that drove Curly mad. Oh well...I liked the music!

Originality: Like I said, it's all a matter of looking at the different aspects of the game. Pie throwing? Not done in a game before. Running to grab a flute to save a friend from a boxing match? Not done. Various games to earn money? Well, THAT'S been done before...

Play Control: The only complaint I had with the control is that I couldn't consistantly pick whichever mini game I wanted to. I guess my luck wasn't very good with the spinny-thingy...

Enjoyment: Multiple people probably won't get as much of a kick out of this game as just 1 person will. That's ok, as long as you have fun, right?

Challenge: You don't have very much time to save the orphanage, and some of those mini games are tough! Good luck saving, Stooges.

Ending: Gee, can you guess what happens? I guess this should be a higher score, since in reality there are 2 endings...good and bad.

Overall:
This is a fun little game. It may not hold you attention for hours on end, but it's fun for a quick bit of time. Don't pass this one over without taking a look.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/05/00, Updated 04/05/00