Review by J Dawg007

"For an NES flight sim., this one is pretty good."

Well it's Top Gun. I never saw the movie so there will be no comparing. The game is pretty decent but I think they could've made it better. You only get one type of plane and 3 lives to complete four levels of action. The levels range from Training to Space with bosses too. Konami did a pretty good job with this one.

Gameplay-(6) The first person graphics are pretty nice and the sound effects and music are good too. It is pretty hard since you only get three lives and can only take so much damage. One missile or four gun shots and your done. You get to choose between three types of missiles, each have a different power and quantity. The play control can be iffy at times.

Story-(NA) You fly around and blow stuff up.

Replay Value-(3) You dont get anything when you beat the game but if you get 50,000 points, you get a new title screen (ooh, ahh)

Fun-(7) I really enjoy blowing things up. This game has a lot of that.

I would say buy this game. It goes for about 2 bucks at Funcoland and it will keep you entertained for quite a while.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 03/06/01