Review by mjfru201

"Best Game Ever."

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game of all time! I first played this game on the old PlayStation, and when I heard it was coming to the PC, I was at GameStop in a second. I didn’t have PlayStation at that time, but I played it at friend’s houses and loved it. I got it for the PC thinking it’s going to be great, and was I ever right! Read on…

Story 10/10
Where in the world would this game be without its gripping story? Well I can tell you one thing; it would not have been my favorite game if it wasn’t for the story! You play as Cloud, who used to be in an organization known as SOLDIER, a special army for an evil corporation known as Shinra. He then quits SOLDIER, and joined a group of people fighting against Shinra. It may seem very basic at first but as the game progresses a breathtaking story unfolds. Along with that, the story also has many twists. Now the characters are a very big part of the story, too. Each one of the characters has a different personality and his/her own importance in the story. The story is one of the best things in the game.

Graphics 10/10
Today these graphics may look a bit dull, but back when this game was released for the PlayStation, these graphics were the best thing around! The graphics in this game were the landmark for all Final Fantasy games, because this was the first three-dimensional Final Fantasy. The characters in the game are made up of polygons, and although they may look a bit blocky, they look awesome. Now the backgrounds are amazing! I can’t even begin to imagine how much time and effort were put into the backgrounds! Everything is detailed, and looks very good. It gets even better from there. There are movie sequences that you watch during certain points of the game. They are just amazing to watch!

Sound 10/10
From the peaceful music of the world map, to the intense battle music, everything to do with the sound is awesome. Almost everywhere you go to in this game there is different background music playing. Now I mentioned before, the battle music is very intense. Personally I think it is the best thing about the sound! It really gets you pumped up, and encouraged to slay whatever foes lies in your way.

Game Play 10/10
The game play is by far the best in any RPG that you can find. Let me start off with the battle system. The battle system is very easy to understand, and it is turn based. This makes it good for both RPG beginners, and veterans. While not in battle, you can buy weapons, armor, and materia (Materia is the stuff that gives you new magic). You can also talk to people to find out what to do next. Along the course of the game you get airplanes, cars, and even a submarine! Oh, did I mention mini-games? Well if you like playing mini-games, SquareSoft has even added a place just for mini-games! This game will take up at least forty hours to complete without the side quests.

Controls 9/10
Now this is absolutely nothing to be concerned about. All of the controls take place on the far right hand side of the keyboard, in that box of numbers, and symbols.

Replay Value 10/10
This is one of the few RPG’s that you will actually want to go back and play over and over again. With all the fun you’ll have during this game I promise you will play this game at least three times!

Overall 10/10
I wish I could give this game an eleven out of ten. If you don’t like the game (which is highly unlikely), then consider it as a huge breakthrough in the way we play RPGs today

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/19/03, Updated 07/19/03