Review by Beedub

"Our favorite cartoon is on the PC! (Sadly in a bad way)"

Our favorite South Park characters are back! I love the show, South Park. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are some of the funniest and most-creative guys ever! There's not one episode of South Park that I did not laugh at. Unlike the cartoon, the game is not great. It takes a lot of fun out of playing.

STORY: 7/10
A comet is on a collision course with the town of South Park making cows go crazy and clones attack people. It is up to Kenny, Kyle, Cartman, and Stan to save South Park. The story is kind of funny, but it's not that great.

GAMEPLAY: 5/10
The controls are pretty nice and easy. All the weapons are all very funny and creative. For every weapon, there's two or more options of shooting. For example, you can throw a normal snowball or throw a yellow snowball, which is very hilarious! Playing through does get very boring, though. The same enemies pretty much through the whole level, like just a bunch of the same turkeys or aliens. I also like the cut scenes with the kids and everyone else.

SOUND: 7/10
But many sound effects can get very annoying and repetitive, like the turkey gobbling and kids talking. The voices of the characters are the best. Many sounds are also very funny, like the sound of you pissing on the snowball, or when you shoot out a cow, and even when you use the chicken gun.

GRAPHICS: 3/10
Okay, the characters look horrible. They look really ugly. Every thing is very ugly. The weapons, the levels, and as said before, the characters. The good thing is that the characters aren't super blocky.

REPLAY VALUE: 2/10
After you play through the whole game once, that's pretty much it. It isn't really fun playing again unless you want to play a harder difficulty. There is also online play, but I couldn't seem to join a game.

BUY?:
Do NOT buy this. It is a total waste of money. If your friend has it, play his first. If you buy it and like it, good for you.

OVERALL: 4/10
This game has too few high points and too many low points. If more effort was put into this game, it would be definitely better. I don't think there will ever be a real good South Park game out, I just don't think it's the type of cartoon to turn into a shooter game. I'd rather watch the show.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/03, Updated 01/03/03