Question from beaglepup

I need help installing deluxe version?

I got the roller coaster tycoon deluxe and I can't get it to install because it says I have to uninstall the original roller coaster tycoon. I have uninstalled a trial rct2 I had on here and have searched all files and advanced hidden files and it doesn't show anything else but it still won't install and says I need to uninstall it before I can install the deluxe one.

Answers

XTApocalypse answered:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 or 2 "Deluxe version"? It sounds like some kind of expansion pack, in which case you'll have to buy the original game before the expansion pack will have anything to expand on. A demo won't work.
0 2

YoshiLord06 answered:

Are you sure you uninstalled the trial, and not just deleted it? There might be a registry setting from the trial that makes this game think that the trial is still installed.
0 1

jshilhavy answered:

ya , do this haha found it in you tube lol

To install the Deluxe version after having installed the demo you must...

1. Uninstall the Demo

2. Open up RegEdit

3. Goto -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE then... a. If you're running x84 look for FISH TECHNOLOGY GROUP and delete the entry. b. If you're running x64 find WOW6432NODE\FISH TECHNOLOGY GROUP and delete the entry.

Note- FISH TECHNOLOGY GROUP is the registry entry that holds the ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON registry entry and is safe to delete
1 0