Review by mozwazherez

"Roller Coaster Tycoon - is it worth it?"

If you are the type of person who likes short games with no thinking involved, this game is not for you. To win this game, you must spend hours each day, staring at your monitor and your small, simple guests. This game takes brains and time, and if you are willing to lend neither, don't get this game.

Plot ( Story ) - 10/10

The plot of this game is simple.There are a number of scenarios, and in each one, you are given a plot of land, money,and possibly some rides. With those things, you have to turn the small park and amount of money into a huge success by a certain date. If you fail to make your park a success on the date specified, you lose the scenario, though you can always go back to it later to try it again. There are many scenarios in the game, so don't worry.

Graphics - 9/10

The graphics on this game are the best part. The roller coasters look extremely life like, and the other rides look great too. The sound can't be beat. All of the sounds you hear at a theme park are there. The Roller Coasters rushing by, the people laughing, the merry-go-round spinning around, the people throwing up, yes, all of those wonderful sounds are there. Occasionally, the sounds make weird noises, but that has only happened to me once.
Um...my processor is really slow....
If you have a really slow processor, don't fret. This game works great with any processor over 90 Mhz. Even if you don't have 90 Mhz, the game and its graphics will work fine, because it does not have really heavy graphics that damper slow processors. The graphics on this game are great, while light on the processor.

Re-Play - 8/10

Once you have beaten the game, which is very hard, it is fun to play it again. You can choose to make your park a beautiful garden, or a thrill park filled with scary rides! The choices never end, so I am sure that you will have a great time re-playing it.

Should you buy or rent?

I would definitely buy this game instead of renting it. You need time to play this game, and if you just rent it, the game will seem way to hard.

Overall

Well, as I said, this game is not for people who like to play short games, and go through a game quickly. I would really recommend this game to someone who likes good graphics, great plot, and an excellent game overall.

Have fun!