Review by Corraiv

"Coasters and people and rides, oh my!"

Hey hey, Roller Coaster Tycoon, is quite good, for a sim, that is. With people with almost real minds, and coasters good enough to give ME a headache, this game is truly a wonderous creation. You can customize your own roller coasters and rides, while building your own thriving theme park at the same time! There are many pros, with few cons, but the cons deliver a painful blow to the game. You'll see some here...

Difficulty-Depends: The scenarios are all different, with their own difficulty level. But me, myself, am good at sims, 'cause my computer is slightly messed, and have nothing else to do. :P So it should be different for everyone, but it will always be fun, a?

Control-10/10: You can move around the maps very easily, so it shouldn't give you any trouble. If you still dont like that, there are buttons that allow you to rotate the view, which is prettttttttty good. I'd say that is a luxury in most sims.

Gameplay-8/10: It's great, but gets boring after a few months..err...years of playing it. It sux to have to start off by going through scenarios, instead of starting off by building your own theme park from scratch, like SimCity. (drool)

Audio-7/10: The music is cool, but not enough of it. Sound effects are great, yet I would appreciate much more music, but thats just me. Love that 'merry' merry- go-round music =D

Graphics-10/10: Why OF COURSE there good, otherwise I wouldn't even be writing such a detailed review of it. ;) The people look okay, not too pixelated. All the rides are lookin good, except for that log flume...::shudders:: The map isnt quite squarey, like in SC2000, but it is, to help in building.

Replayability-10/10: Duh! Of course it's replayable, its a simulation! J/k. Well it is fun to build annoying roller coasters and thrill rides over and over again, dontcha know? But after awhile, it gets sickening to know that all the visitors are male.....eww.

Should You Buy it??? Answer: Yah. Sure. Go ahead. It's a game thats good enough to buy, but if you can try it first, you can check if it suits yer style, eh?

End Note:
---------This review was written by Corraiv. Plagirism, Copying word for
word of this review is breaking the law. Give credit where needed.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/19/99, Updated 12/19/99