Review by Undrtakr

"Rollercoaster Tycoon... Is it worth buying?"

Rollercoaster Tycoon is a pretty good Game, ok very good, ok I mean it is a Great game. It has good graphics, sound, everything. At $30, at first I thought that was a little expensive, and I didn't know if I really wanted it, but after I tryed the demo, I thought, $30..... its worth it.

The Graphics on Rollercoaster Tycoon are so good, everything is so detailed, even the barf, with those little lumps in it (eww), the people, and everything. You can see Roller Coasters crash, people read park maps, people eat food, sit, and if they are felling sick, you can even see their green face. At first when I saw the barf, I though it was Ice Cream, but then I saw somebody bend down and heard them caugh, and barf came out (eww).

The sound on Rollercoaster Tycoon is also good, you can hear the chainlifts on the Roller Coasters, you can hear the people scream on the Roller Coasters, you can hear the people barf (eww), you can hear the cash registers when people pay to go on rides, there is also music for rides, and you can hear the crowds talk, well you can't really hear what they say, but they're talking, it kind of sounds like... well..., you know how it sounds when a whole crowd is talking at one time, and you can't understand what they are saying.

Controls: 10/10
The Controls are really simple, all you need to use is a mouse, and a keyboard if you want to change ride names.

The gameplay in Rollercoaster Tycoon is very good. It is so fun, you can pretty much do anything you want, like Raise or Lower land, Build Roller Coasters (duh), and if you like to be mean, you can crash rides with people on it, strand people on land in the middle of water, and drown people. Sometimes you can run out of money, and can't do what you want, but that makes it more clallenging. A game needs to be challenging, or whats the fun in playing it, right.

Replayability: 9/10
You can play this game over and over again. Sometimes it can get a little boring though, like after no more rides are getting developed, but uoi don't have to stay in only one park anyway.

The game, like I said, is great. So the answer to my question, is it worth buying? Yes, If you haven't already bought it, and are wondering if you should, I think you should, anyway I think it is only $25 now, at least when I went to Software ect., I think it was.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/06/00, Updated 01/06/00