Review by strawhat

"A Rollercoaster of Fun"

Now seriously, if you ignoring the cheesy tagline, this game is very good. What's great about this game in my opinion is that it is very simplistic, there aren't any difficult controls, or many things you have to memorize, you just use the mouse and click, with a few shortcuts to help your game be a little faster. See, you have an amusement park, right? There is a goal, and you must meet the goal in order to win that particular level. There are different places and different difficulties. You can basically design your own park in any way that you want, as long as it completes the goal! So many varieties...

Story: N/A
There's no storyline in this game, except to finish the goal. So, I don't think it's too fair to give it a score. I mean, do you give Sesame Street a score for storyline?

The graphics can be a little bit better, since sometimes the people just look like big blobs of color, and graphics can get chunky. The graphics are just above average, there's not too many things wrong with it, but I think it can be better with more detail, like when wind blows against the grass, some animals roaming around, small things like that which enhances gameplay. It's graphics aren't horrible though. Each ride is unique, there are many colors that you can choose from to paint it. You can choose, green, red, or green and red! You can create eye sore colors, or brilliant matching ones. There are many different kinds or rollercoasters, and each are unique. Some cars are different, and the rail can change. The graphics aren't too effortless, you can see that the game designers did try to make things look realistic. Thus, I give it an 8/10. Effort counts :)

Sound/Music: 6/10
The lowest selling point of the game. It's not that great, but not horrible either. The music gets very repetitive, when there's music at all. The only music is when there's a ride that has one, like a Merry-Go-Round. It's not really that creative either, and it seems like not much effort is put into it, unlike the graphics. The sound is decent, it's what I would expect from any other simulation game. There seems to be a bit more effort put into here than music though. You can hear the people screaming when they dip in the rollercoaster, happy children laughing after a ride, and the sounds or rusty parts starting up the rollercoaster. So, I give this department a six. I hope that sound and music aren't that important to you, and I'm hoping that Gameplay matters the most to you since that is the absolute best part of the game!

This is the game's highest selling point. The amount of effort here, the variability, there's so much to do in your own different way! When you have a rollercoaster, you can go the easy way out and choose a preset design, or you can go all out and make one of your own. You can choose which way to turn, inclines and declines, make loop de loops, change the color, and much more. Mind you, there's more to this game than rollercoasters, like said in the title. You must supply people of food and maps, just like in real life! You can make hamburger stalls, drink shops, and even bathrooms. You can change the price of things, and people will react. They may not want to pay 15 dollars to eat a burger, or 50 cents to take a pee in a bathroom. The amount of realism in this game is unbelievable. If you don't have benches for people to sit on, they may throw up! Yes, that's fun, but it's not exactly something you'd want people to see now, is it? So you hire staff to clean things up. You could also create different rides other than rollercoasters. There's gentle rides, water rides, thrill rides, and more. Each person has their own taste. This game is very realistic and excellent. I guarantee that you'll be hooked on this game for at least a week when you start playing. It's like the how the Pringle man says it, ''once you pop, you just can't stop!'' I give this part a full 10/10.

Replay Value: 9/10
The things here are not especially easy to do. You'll need to put some time and effort into this game. There are places to unlock, rides to unlock, and much more. You'll get hooked on this game for quite a while. It's like it has an alienetic forcing your brain to like this game and keep playing for hours of fun. After you finish the last level, you'd want to do it again! Fun for a long while.

Rent or Buy: BUY
This game isn't exactly the newest, so you'll find it cheap. I myself bought mine for 15 dollars, and I still play it, and felt rather sad when my D drive broke down. You'll have much fun playing this game.

Overall(not an average): 9/10
The excellent gameplay and Replay Value make up for its decent graphics and annoying sound and music(which you can thankfully turn off). I guarantee hours of fun for people of all ages. If you see this on the shelf of a gamestore, get it!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/11/03