Review by Crabizzler

"Great!"

Roller Coaster Tycoon

It was a bright morning... me and mom went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries, so I went to go look at the electronics department, I stood in the aisle looking for Call Of Duty, and I saw Roller Coaster Tycoon, and I just had to have it ( we had just been to Cedar Point), when I got home I just ran to the computer and turned it on. After the first 10 minutes, I was amazed! The different kind of rides, walkways,scenery,parks,etc.Ad also, Chris Sawyer's Roller Coaster Tycoon is a great game for anyone who loves to have thrills and likes the SIMS game or SIM Theme Park. Here is how I rate Roller Coaster Tycoon on MY important scales.

Graphics 7/10 :

These are pretty good graphics, but I just bought this about a week ago, and I'm used to Final Fantasy graphics, but I still think this thing has great graphics, especially all the details( grass, rides, barf). These are all around good graphics, just sometimes they kinda lack, if its in the Desert, the sand just doesn't even look like sand to ( Dynamite Dunes), but it makes up at Lakes, and GARDENS! The gardening and trees in this game are just beautiful, especially in Evergreen Gardens!Just really good graphics, everything is so clear!

Music/Sound 6/10 :
The sounds are nice on here, but sounds like mostly all the roller coasters sound the same, and the merry-go-round DOES get annoying after a while, but it still is nice to here people screaming like crazy sometimes.I think this is actually one of the lacking points in RCT, but at least you can turn it off. I think the best music is the sound of the wooden roller coaster going down the 192 ft. hill, while people are screaming like crazy.

Yes this really does deserve a 10 out of ten! You see unlike other games where you use the keyboards alot, on here you hardly ever do, only if wanna have a shortcut, name a ride, person,etc. I mean there is no Player 1 and Player 2, which kinda be a cool mode in this game like to people would get to mice/ controllers, have 3 GAME years to build the best park, and the winner gets an upgrade or something, anyways. this isnt one of those REALLY sensitive games, where if you move the mouse a centimeter it doesnt go across the screen, just terrible, the games STRONGEST POINT.If you're looking for a game that is fun,easy, and simple for a cheap price this is YOUR BEST BUY!

Replay Value: 8/10

This game had GREAT Replay Value, I mean if you beat a scenario, then later want to have a certain ride ,you can do the WHOLE thing again, I cant stretch this out too much, but I just think it has a good replay value.Its also fun to have about 30 Observation towers in your park, it just funny when people say " I want to ride something more thrilling than Observation Tower 29,14, and 8 and then ride 21, and they are all the same height!

Fun Factor 9/10:

I have alot of fun on this ride, building rides 300 foot high,making loop rides that crash,playing scenarios, and just watching people enjoy there stay, and drowning people in MY lake : Lake Falcon, thats where all the MAD people go, or the lost people. It is alot of fun for me not for everyone.VERY FUN INDEED.

Overall Average:8/10

Recommend:
To people who can have fun for a while ,not so much for action buffs, unless roller coasters are your kind of action. I recommend this to anyone who buys it, unless you hae a job with LONG hours, because you'll get so obsessed you won't want to leave.

Just go out and but it, its only $9.99

Due to my Review being to short I will just talk about some of the better and worse parts of the game.

There are many kinds of Rides on here, there are water rides, thrill rides, roller coaster ,and gentle rides! There is a big variety of food and drinks stores, theres even a balloon stall

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/07/04