Review by Lans

"A wonderful game, worthy of your time"

Ahhhhhhh, EverQuest. Truly an excellent game, full of wonder and fun. Now, for the first time ever, Lans is going to take a crack at reviewing a game! Here's a rundown:

Graphics: 9
The graphics in EverQuest are very good. They are all clear and you can tell what something is from a distance away. As of right now, the graphics are very good. All this is set to change once the newest expansion, Shadows of Luclin comes out. As anyone who has seen screenshots of these will attest, once the expansion pack come out, the graphics will rank among the best, at least for a short time.

Sound: 7
I admit, for me, the sound is the weakest part of the game. It serves its purpose well enough, but there aren't any memorable tunes or catchy themes that will stick in your mind. The sound effects are not that great, mostly just little things that you may not notice all that much. I usually turn the sound down and put in a CD.

Control: 10
The control of Everquest is most excellent! You can use just the keyboard, or a keyboard/mouse combination. There is very little delay between you pushing, say, jump for example, and the character doing it. Also, the controls are fairly easy to learn if you haven't played the game before.

Plot: 10
Now, before people complain to me, and say ''But Lans, how can you give EverQuest such a high rating for plot when it has none?'' Well, if you truly enjoy the game, you can make your own plot. For example, my character Aldent, a dwarven Cleric, is trying to find out who killed his parents, and why he was found in front of the Kaladim Cleric guild. So if you really want to, you can make your own plot, and therefore, I give this game a ten for plot.

Replayability: 10
Once you decide to retire your current character, or the complete their ''plot'' (see above) you can just create another character and be on your way. And there are many different combinations, like a Dark Elf Cleric, a Human Bard, a Dwarven Paladin, a Barbarian Rouge, a Gnomish Necromancer, and so on and so forth. It would take you a very long time indeed to get every possible Character combination up to level 60 (the current max character level). Of course, no one is insane enough to do that :-).

Totals:
Graphics - 9
Sound - 7
Control - 10
Plot - 10
Replayability - 10

Total score (Not an average)

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/28/01, Updated 08/28/01