Review by Timedown

"Simply the best."

EverQuest, the world of mystique, the world of redemption, the world of heroes that you create! This game is simply the best out of all the MMORPG's I've played, and believe me, I have had quite a share of them. I admit, EverQuest after a few years can get boring. But somehow, you always find yourself returning to the virtual world of EQ. Choosing from 15 unique races which include Dwarfs, High Elves, Dark Elves, Half Elves, Humans, Gnomes, Iksars, Ogres, Trolls, Barbarians, Erudites, Frogloks and Vah Shirs. The 15 classes include from Warriors, Wizards, Bards, Rogues, Beastlords, Clerics, Paladins, Necromancers, Druids, Enchanters, Magicians, Monks, Rangers, Shadowknights and Shamans. Combinations that will always give you a unique experience. This game will never get old. You can always create another character and will always find something new.

Graphics
The graphics for EQ are fantastic. Even the old graphics were great but now you have Luclin graphics which bring you a much more realistic and detailed character models and environments. You can now also, with the Legacy of Ykesha expansion, dye your armor or robes making you truely unique from other Player Characters in the world of EverQuest.

Gameplay
The best part of EverQuest is exploring and hunting with fellow Player Character. You can go through countless dungeons ranging from levels one to sixty-five and always find something new along the way. Rare items from certain dungeons force you to come back for more and get a chance to own it depending on group circumstances. There is also a player vs player server which is quite mad, if I might add. Player vs Player is extremely fun but you must always watch your back as there might be a sneaky Rogue or Invisible Wizard ready to blindside you. I wouldn't recommend this server for Newbies however, as it is difficult to learn and experience from them. The Gameplay also gets you involved with the story from time to time grasping you into GM events mostly for EQ vets but you will still see many for the lower levels.

Music/Sound
The music for this game is great, however, if you didn't like it you could always turn it off along with sound but that is not suggested as it brings you a better experience. The sound can get a bit horrid at times but I actually prefer it because you can hear certain weather effects and mobs creeping up behind you. This is extremely helpful and could save your characters life and experience.

Controls
The controls are fantastic once you get used to them. They never get in the way and are superior to most other MMORPG's. There is even a tutorial teaching you the controls of the game that is not even online. I find the controls to be superb for a big game that must have a lot of controls and commands. Once you get used to them after a couple of newbie levels, they are no problem at all.

Replay
Must I really discuss the replay value of EverQuest? Countless quests and items that are unique for your class make this game forever playable. Interacting with other players online is truely a great experience that all will enjoy. Feel lonely? Just join a guild. There are always guilds that will open up to new members in which they will help you greatly and you help them. Don't like how a guild works? Form your own and make your own rules. Either way this game won't be dissapointing as you can always find vast dungeons with unique beasts such as Dragons, Gnolls, Orcs, Giants, and many more foes.

Overall Conclusion
This game is simply the best online MMORPG I have ever player and may be simply the best game I have played EVER period. As a EQ player after a few years I still find myself leaving and going back. This game is truely addicting and simply amazing. I can't really find a single doubt not to buy this game as it will take away time and will entertain you greatly. I suggest anyone to give this game a try. With new expansions coming out every few months this game never gets old. Currently you have Lost Dungeons of Norrath that will be released soon that will add much more content and playablilty to the world of EverQuest. This game is really, Simply the best!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/30/03