Review by DGBlade

""A donkey, a donkey, my kingdom for a donkey.""

Graphix 9/10
The 2-D graphics suit this game very well. It's not amazing or bad, but just great. The worms are fairly detailed as are the terrains. As they say, graphics aren't everything, game play is.

Sound 9/10
First thing, there is no music, but with all the crazy and hilarious voices you can give your worm teams, you couldn't care about any stinking music. Just imagine the hum of that missile coming down towards your opponent or the cracking sounds of the bullets coming out of the uzi gun and penetrating the heads of your opponent's worms.

Gameplay 10/10
This game is just simply fun with or without playing against a friend. There are countless stages because they are all made randomly ( Battle Stages that is ) They're are 30 missions which get harder and harder. I mean harder because you must have a strategy to get passed each level. Weapons you ask? Well this game has plenty of weapons. From ''Armageddon'' that basically destroys the whole level with earthquakes, comets hurdling down, and the sea level rising to the basic weapon Bazooka, the weapons will not disappoint.

Controls 10/10
No problems here. I found no major problems with the controls.

Replayability 9/10
With countless missions and things to do to get special awards, this game will take a while to complete.

For who?
If you like strategy games this game is for you. If you like the feeling of blowing little worms up with a ''Holy Grenade'' with the ''Al-le-lu-ia'' singing in the background just as it explodes, this game is also for you.

Buy or Rent
I loved it the moment I played it and so should you. So this is a buy.

Extra
Yes there is blood in the game and cursing. For the blood though you have to get a Gold Medal in ''Basic Training.''

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/27/00, Updated 08/27/00