Review by FistOFun

"Another great Half Life Mod"

Now the first thing people usually wonder is what the heck is this game all about, well here is a basic description:
Opposing Force is another great Half-Life mod, which like the rest require the original game.
You are Colonel Shepard and have just come straight out of the advanced military tactics for the marine. You and your team are flying in what is assumed to be a ''baby sitting job'' at the black mesa facility, you'll end up wishing it was...

Graphics: 9/10 Although now adays there are much better graphics at hand, the graphics presented by OF are extremely good and are more than adequate for the game and to keep your hearts pouncing. Though it is worth making sure that the resolution of the monitor is at least 800x600, in order to appreciate the graphics.

Sound: 8/10 The music presents and erie atmosphere to the game and will make your heart start to pound as it begins to play and you await what suprises the game has to offer.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 With a vast array of weapons available at your disposable, it makes the game the game very enjoyable. But it is not just the weapons that makes the game. I felt the AI of this game was quite amazing as your foes occasionally retreat for cover as you attempt to fire at them. OF allows you to interact with other marine each with their own special skill.
The medic armed with a pistol, can heal your wounds.
The Engineer armed with a magnum, can knocked down sealed doors and give you access to sealed weapons storage.
The shooters. Some are armed with shot guns, while others are armed with machine guns, will be an invaluable member of your team.
In the game, how you position your team when you gain them can mean the difference between life and death, as you battle your way through a vast array of monsters each with their own weakness and it is up to you to find out, which weapon to use to deal with each one.

The plot of this game, I found slightly insufficient and I had alot of questions to ponder on after completing the game and not all of which are the ones, they will hopefully answer, if they make a sequel.

However I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Just make sure you start it when you have time on your hands as this will take up most of it. =)

Final Verdict: The only way I can think of describing it is as:
A great game and a must play for all FPS fans

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 03/01/03, Updated 03/01/03