Question from Caml10

Windows 7 compatibility?

I upgraded to Windows 7 recently, and since then both of my old BioWare games (KOTOR and NWN) have run, but with jagged black bars chopping up the screen. The games run, but the display issues are headache-inducing, a little choppy, and generally painful to look at. Both games ran fine on Vista SP1. I'm using a laptop, so I don't think it's a hardware driver problem, but it could lie with the new DX11. I've tried compatibility mode for both Win2000 and XP, neither helps. What's up?

Caml10 answered:

It was my graphics driver, I forgot to check for an updated one after the OS switch. Meh.
0 0

Answers

ChaosArbiter answered:

Running in Compatibility mode (XP, IIRC) works for me - someone on the forums suggested running as Administrator instead, although I can't get mine to go back to Windows 7 mode to see if that works without compatibility mode.
0 0

Where'd my henchman go? Open PyreofKoL
Creating a requirement for encounters to trigger? Unanswered jolteon654
Arcane archer as henchman? Unanswered Omgwhatsmyname
My game crashes when I try to run it? Open suzsebacher
How do i create a nwn\portraits folder ? Open kenhirjr29