Review by Shop Head

"Green Crocodiles go well with small fluffy things..."

Well, when I first got this game from a Scholastic book order of my brothers, I played this game all the time in my spare time. This game was surprisingly difficult, I expected it to be much easier. It was sort of short, still fun, and challenging. Croc is your main character in this game, and then the race, the Gobbos. My favorite character in this game was Swap Meet Pete. He talked funny...There are many levels in this game and some are very difficult (I had MAJOR problems with Roger Red Ant =_=). So, now, I'm going to start the review.

Story- 10/10
Casual story. Croc loses his parents and then he's on a quest to look for them. Then, Croc finds the gobbos and they sort of help him on his quest. They're are all kinds of different races of gobbos. Like sailor gobbos and cave gobbos. There are one race for each level. My favorite were the Cave Gobbos, only because they had the best racing one. The one where you have to get the wheels, and you face on an off rode course which is really fun!

Graphics - 9/10
The graphics were pretty good. I liked them. It could have been a bit better but it was good. They move kind of slow, and they are kind of not very clear levels. I'm not a very picky gamer and I don't exactly care about the graphics. So, those are the reasons why I only gave it a nine.

Sound - 10/10
B-E-A-U-Tiful. I like it. The sound was cool, and I like how they make different noises for different characters. Like Swap Meet Pete went like, A whoa a sha whoa a! heh, that would always make me laugh.... The music was nice too. Especially in the boss battles. Good times....

Gameplay - 9/10
Kind of complicated to get used to. But, once you get used to it, it's as easy as pie. It was just kind of complicated, for me anyway, to get used to how to do the ground pound. It was X two times but I could never get it when I wanted it like when the guy in the tree played Gobbo Says...

Re-playability- 9/10
Well, it's pretty good replay value. Especially if you want 100%. Which is pretty hard in my opinion. I'm pretty sure I didn't get that, maybe like 91% or so...

Final- 8/10
This game was really good. I think you should consider buying it since I don't think you can rent computer games...You will get your moneys worth. Believe me. I did.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/24/04